Cry For a Shadow

Chapter 17: Cry For a Shadow

Flashback.. 25 Dec 1962

It's Christmas time once again. Oh how I love this time of year. This year for the holiday we're spending it up in Hamburg. It's the lads' fifth and most likely final trip out here for performances. Gladly Bri and I were able to come up with them this time, mostly because it's Christmas and all. Anyway, we're all spending Christmas up here, even Astrid's coming over for a bit. It's been really hard for all of us knowing that this is the first Christmas without Stu being here. John's been taking it the hardest out of us all, but of course he's trying to be Mr. Tough Guy and not show it.

Anyway, we're all staying in this cheap hotel that's by Stu and Astrid's flat, well I mean Astrid's flat now. We're having our little Christmas over at the flat in a little while. I had just woken up a while ago to finish wrapping everyone's gifts when I heard Ritchie.

"Love, it's too early, why aren't you still in bed?"

I turned towards him, setting the last gift in the pile. "I needed to finish wrapping Christmas presents."

He looked over at the gifts, then back at me. "But you feel the need to do this at 8 in the morning?"

I shrugged and stood up. "I just needed to get them done, also I couldn't sleep."

He walked over to me, pulling me back into the bedroom with him. "Come on Pam, it's Christmas, we can lay in bed for a little while longer.."

He and I then laid in bed for a little while longer. I was wrapped tightly in arms and he ran his fingers through my hair. We both were almost asleep again until my brother showed up...

"Pammy! Get up, it's Christmas! You and Ringo can cuddle in bed all you want later, but now it's Christmas!"

Ritchie held me closer to him, burying his face in my hair. "Maybe if we don't move he won't notice us." He and I kept perfectly still in bed, hoping Paul would just leave. Sadly that didn't happen. Within seconds Paul was in the bedroom, jumping up and down on the bed.

"Come on you two, get up!"

I pulled the covers over my head. "Paul, get out. Ritchie and I will get up later, we were almost asleep again until you showed up."

Of course him being the annoying big brother he is he didn't leave. Paul got into the bed and slid in next to me. "Awe, this is nice."

"James Paul McCartney, get out!!" I pushed him out of the bed and out of the bedroom. "Bloody hell! I said we'd be out in a while, now go!"

Paul gave me a childish smile and left. I walked back into the bedroom and laid down next to Ritchie. "Ugh! Why do I have the most annoying big brother in the world?"

Ritchie laughed lightly and smiled. "You're his annoying little sister too, it's just how it works."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Gee, thanks Ritchie."

"I'm only kidding, love."

"I know, now since we're awake we might as well get up." We both got out of bed, took a shower and got dressed.

"Should we head over to the others' room? I mean your brother will probably be back in here again soon if we don't leave."

I looked over to him and nodded. "That'd probably be best, will you come help me carry these over to their room?"

He and I then picked up the gifts and headed over to Paul an George's room across the hall. Walking inside we heard my brother yelling about Christmas again.