Like Dreamers Do

Chapter 9: Like Dreamers Do

Flashback... 10 Feb 1962

It's been a little over a month since the lads auditioned for Decca. They all thought it went well, but apparently their definition of well wasn't good enough, Decca turned them down. Brian told them at Decca 'You're wrong, these boys are going go to be bigger than Elvis. One day you're going to kick yourself for this decision.' Let me tell you I hope he's right. All the lads were disappointed by the results, but let me tell you my brother's been so upset since they found out a few days ago. They haven't had band practice since, so he's been at the apartment all day. He hasn't left, not once. I have to force him out of bed, literally I either grab his arms and pull him out or I be the annoying sister that I am and jump on his bed until he gets up. This morning is another one of those cases.

"Paul, get up, it's almost noon."

He grumbled a little bit and turned back over. Here we go again...

"Come on Paul, get up now."

I shook him a little bit, he gave me the bird and went back to sleep. After that I thought of all the ways I could attempt to wake him up; jump on the bed, poke him a thousand times, get my guitar out and strum it by his ear, or dump a glass if cold water on his head. I chose the last option. I went into the kitchen, grabbed one of our glasses, filled it with ice water and went back into the bedroom. Checking to make sure he went back to sleep I took the glass and dumped it right on his head. I swear he jumped about 5 feet in the air.

"Fookin' hell! What'd ya do that for, Pam?! That's freezing!"

"Well, you needed to get up, you're up now and my job is done here." And with that I walked back out of the bedroom and went into the small living room.

Paul came out a few minutes later, dressed in his normal clothes with his hair soaking wet. "Why did you feel the need to do that? You're so annoying sometimes.."

"I'm annoying? I'm the one that's annoying? Oh no, you James Paul McCartney are the annoying one."

He scoffed and walked into the kitchen. "No Julianna, you're the younger sibling, so that makes you more annoying. It's a given fact."

I turned around to face him, "Just because you have three minutes against me doesn't make me annoying. Anyway, Mike's more annoying than both of us!"

Paul let out a loud laugh, he knew what I said was true, well partially. Even though Mike's the baby of the family he is rather mature, but younger siblings like that are always annoying.

"Hey Pam, have ya been thinking bout Mum a lot lately? I just keep thinking about her and keep dreaming about her."

I took a second to reply, "Actually I have too. She's showed up in a few of my dreams. Do you ever wonder what it'd be like if she was still here? What'd she think about all this."

"I know she'd be more than proud of us. Hey, remember when we were seven and I pushed you out of the treehouse and you broke your arm and got a concussion?" He had the biggest, most childish smile on his face when he said it.

"Course I remember! Mum and Dad took turns keeping me awake for the first few nights. And I couldn't write at school so Mum made you write all my homework out since it was all your fault."

He laughed a bit, "I wouldn't have even pushed you if you wouldn't have stole money from my secret stash."

I gave him this crazy look, what was he talking about? "James Paul McCartney, what are you talking about? I never stole any money from you. Mike was the one who used to sneak money from you so Dad would buy him candy from the store."

He looked at me with this blank stare, "Wait, so that wasn't you who did that? So I broke your arm and gave you a concussion for nothing?"

I smacked him upside the head, really? I went through all of that for nothing. "You're an idiot."

He and I continued to take a walk down memory lane until the lads showed up. They ended up getting Paul to finally leave the apartment, because they apparently had to practice more according to John. Once they left Ritchie showed up at my apartment, he had called me the night before to tell me that he had a surprise for me.

"Come on, love. Just pack everything you'll need for a week and let's go."

"Honestly, Ritchie, where are we going? I didn't even tell Paul I'd be leaving." I kept tossing things into my suitcase of what I'd need.

He finished helping me close up my suitcase after I stuffed a weeks worth of my clothes in there. "Well, I was going to leave it a surprise, but I guess I'll tell ya now. We're going to Blackpool, just you and I fer a week. The band's got a break for a few weeks, so I thought we could just have some alone time."

He's honestly the sweetest thing, a week alone in Blackpool, it sounds perfect. "Well then, let's get goin' then, yeah?"

He smiled and gave me a kiss. I left Paul a note explaining where I'd be and I made sure to tell him not to trash the apartment while I was gone. With that Ritchie and I left and headed over to Blackpool. Let's just say we both agree it was going to be a very interesting week.

_______________

Heya, well here's chapter 9. I know this one wasn't that great, it was bloody crap in my opinion. There's currently a lot going on at school and at home, so I haven't had much time to write.

I promise chapter 10 will be so much better.

Peace and Love!