P.S. I Love You

Chapter 10: P.S. I Love You

25 Dec 1964

Christmas 1964, wow has this year flew by. '64 has probably been the best year for all of us. The Beatles became a sensation in America, A Hard Day's Night was a hit, George started dating Grace, baby Rydel was born, and I recently found out some exciting news. What's the big news you may ask? Well, recently I discovered that I'm pregnant. Yes, Ritchie and I are finally excepting a little one of our own. I found out about two weeks ago. No one knows yet, well except for Elsie, I had to call and tell her. She wouldn't tell anyone, especially Ritchie. You see, other than giving him his normal Christmas present I'm going to tell him the news as well.

Anyway, we're all spending our Beatle family Christmas at John and Brianna's house. We all spent last week in Liverpool having early Christmas with our families.

I had just finished loading everyone's Christmas presents in the car. All the gifts this year were perfect. I had gotten John this book of old fairy tales that he was talking about. For Bri I bought her this dress she was looking at and tickets for her and I to go see this musical we've been wanting to see. I bought baby Rydel a little pink and yellow blanket and a stuffed bear. For Grace I bought her a drawing sketch pad so she could work more on her art. I bought Georgie a guitar that we were gawking over at one of the music stores in London. For Christine I bought her a new trumpet case since she plays that. Then for Paul I found a whole bunch of photos from our childhood and made them into a scrapbook, we've been really missing mum so I knew he'd like. And finally I bought Ritchie new drumsticks and a new watch.

"Come on Ritch, we'll be the last ones there!"

"Oh, calm down Pam, we still have time!" He then shut the door to the apartment and got into the car. "Why are you in such a hurry to get to John's? You're always so impatient around Christmas."

I gave him a small smile, "I just love the Christmas holiday. You should have seen Paul and I as children."

"Oh, I can only imagine." He then drove us to John's. Arriving right on time John opened the door for us as Ritchie helped me carry the gifts into the house.

"Happy Krimble, Beatle-people! Are all those presents for me?" He started reaching for the gifts as I pulled away.

"Hands off, Lennon! Only one of these are for you."

He shot me a quick smirk and we went and sat the presents under the tree.

"Took you two long enough to show up!"

I turned around to see George and Grace standing in the doorway.

"Sorry bout that, Ritchie here made us run late."

Ritchie then playfully hit me and smiled. "My bad lads, I almost forgot something I needed."

George smiled back to him, "That's alright Rings."

The four of us continued talking until Bri came in with baby Rydel.

"Dinner's almost ready!"

I smiled at baby Rydel, "Hello my little niece! Come here to your Aunt Pam."

Bri handed Rydel over to me. She was the most adorable baby I ever saw. I held her until it was time for dinner, just holding her made me think about how I'll be able to hold my own child in my arms within months. The baby's excepted to be born in August, I'll finally be a mum.

Anyway we all gathered at the table to eat dinner, Bri had cooked a really good meal. I know she wanted to make this Christmas perfect seeing how it was Rydel's first. Once dinner ended we went into the living room to start exchanging gifts. So far I have gotten new camera equipment from George and Grace, a dress from Bri and John, and a guitar from my brother. All the couples had exchanged presents expect Ritchie and I. I grabbed the box with the watch in it.