Chapter 6

This chapter is dedicated to the person who voted on the last chapter. God bless you. Or, Allah bless you. Or, maybe you're Atheist? Oh, just read the chapter!

Rapunzel sighed as she sat in her big chair 6 steps above the Ladies the next day. She was supposed to stay there, but it was becoming dreadfully boring. Regina, Monica, and Hera were in their own little group to her left while Rose, Hannah, and Meg were to her right.

She had found out that the entire left group were raised in riches while the others were raised as "commoners."

"Do you need anything Princess?" asked Regina. She was smiling and seemed really polite, but her eyes showed bitterness.

"Could I have some food? Preferably a chocolate covered strawberry," Rapunzel replied, thinking back to the festival.

"But My Lady, what about your diet? I'll get you something healthy." Regina said before walking to a servant stationed nearby.

"Something small you mean," Rapunzel mumbled. She couldn't take it anymore, she needed to move around. She stood up, almost surprised that the Ladies became erect.

"I am going to the gardens," she announced. "You may come if you wish." As Rapunzel walked towards the door, the Ladies walked three abreast behing her. It was no surprise Regina, Monica, and Hera were directly behind her.

The gardens were beautiful. Flowers of all kinds grew together with blossom trees leaning over, like a mother watching her children. There was a wall that seperated the kingdom from the castle. A great willow tree grew right next to it.

Rapunzel casually walked around, waiting for the Ladies to become preoccupied before slipping under the willow tree's branches. They were so dense you could not see  through, unless you parted the branches.

Walking to the wall, Rapunzel ran a hand along it. To her surprise, a brick felt loose. Pulling gently, she pried it out. Peering through, she saw that across the street was a shop. A toy maker's shop!

"Jack," Rapunzel breathed out when she spotted him at the window. He was working, but he was staring out the window at the castle. She made a mental note to mention this in her next letter.

Rapunzel put the brick back in place and walked out from under the tree. Thankfully, the Ladies were still too preoccupied to notice where she had gone. She spent the rest of the time walking around the gardens, plucking flowers here and there.

"Would you like a basket?" asked Hannah. Rapunzel jumped a little, surprised on how silent she was.

"No, I think I have everything I need."

As they walked back to her quarters, Rapunzel was struck with an idea. After she arranged the flowers in a vase, she called the Ladies over to her sitting area. They took their places on the couches across from her.

"I am afraid that I don't know much about you. Since you will be living with me for a while, I thought we could just sit down and talk about ourselves. I'll go first.

"I was raised in a tower a ways away by a woman who pretended to be my mother. I was never allowed to go outside or interact with others. I spent my time painting, singing, sewing, doing anything really. I hope to one day see the world my books have told me about."

The Ladies gave a small round of applause as Rapunzel gave a small curtsey. She turned her attention to Hera.

"My parents are the Duke and Duchess of Fetisa. I don't really have any hobbies. I hope to one day inherit my mother's title."

Everyone politely clapped as Monica stood up.

"My father is the Lord of Cahnit. My mother bore me and then left, probably with some other man. I don't have any hobbies really. I do hope to one day meet my mother."