Chapter 7

A month had passed since Rapunzel's dinner with her mom. She stayed in her quarters most of the time, only leaving to go to the gardens or to the library for her French lessons(or to get a book). During this time, she sent secret letters to Jack, slipping them to Tommy when she visited the library.

Rapunzel waited until the end of the month to tell Jack about the hole in the wall. They arranged to meet the next day at noon.

"I am going to the gardens," Rapunzel announced at 11:45. Ladies Monica, Hera, and Hannah came with.

Once the others became destracted by the garden, Rapunzel slipped under the branches of the willow tree. She went to the wall and found blue, blue eyes looking through.

"Hello Punzie," Jack said, eyes twinkling.

"Hello Jack. Aren't there people walking by and thinking it's weird you're standing at the wall?"

"This is an alley. I'm the only one who comes back here."

"How is the toy shop?"

"It's going well. Mr. Clause has taught me a new trick. Now I can make whistles." He slipped a whistle through the hole. It was a simple whistle, two holes that allowed the user to play four notes. Jack had painted it purple, a pink flower at the bottom.

Rapunzel reached through the hole and touched Jack's cheek.

"Thank you," she said.

The two talked for a moment longer, agreeing to meet there again in two days at noon. Jack took her hand and kissed it.

"Goodbye fair lady."

"Goodbye dashing prince."

Rapunzel turned, smiling, and found herself face to face with Hannah.

"Goodness Hannah! You startled me!" she exclaimed, feeling the color drain from her face.

Hannah smiled. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. We can talk a little more back in your room."

Rapunzel went straight to her bedroom, sitting on the ground next to her bed, dress(soft orange skirt and sleeves with a muted red body) pooling around her.

Hannah came in and sat next to her, followed by Meg and Rose.

"We figured out that you had a secret admirer, now we would like some details, if you don't mind," said Rose.

Rapunzel sighed. "Alright, his name is Jack. Jack Frost. We met at the Festival and he is the most wonderful person I've ever met. He just gave me this." She showed them the little whistle.

"I think I trust you enough to tell you my secret," Meg said. Rapunzel turned to her, eyes questioning.

"I can repeat whole conversations from memory, whether it's in English or a different language. That's why I want to learn different languages, so I know what I'm hearing."

"That is amazing!" Rose exclaimed. Rapunzel nodded in agreement.

"So, any men that have caught your attention?" she asked, a smile creeping up on her face.

For the next two hours, they talked about anything and everything. Too soon, it was dinner time. This meant that they had to continue their private conversation a different time, as none of them trusted Hera, Monica, or Regina.

Okay, short chapter. Sorry dear readers. Be sure you check out A Twisted Fairy Tale by yours truly. I think that's about it. Byes!

AlissaDonkers