Chapter 8

I'm sorry for not updating sooner! I've had major writer's block. I'm sorry again!

Rapunzel sighed. French was hard, but she was getting the hang of it. Life in this castle was hard, and she'd never get used to it as long as her parents were around.

Actually, Rapunzel could live with her father. He gifted her a horse for no reason. He also kept his distance, which was kind of a downside, but at least he wasn't like the Queen.

She was always hovering around Rapunzel, scolding or ignoring. That was torture.

At night, when the ladies retreated to their own beds, Rapunzel tip toed to her balcony. Carefully, silently, she climbed down the vines that wove up the castle wall.

From there she went to the wall, where Jack was waiting.

"Hello Punzie!" was what always greeted her. It made Rapunzel smile every time.

"I wish I could actually see you," she said one night. He thought about that for a moment.

"Wait right there," he replied. Then, he was gone. Rapunzel sighed and leaned against the wall. She heard rustling from above and looked up.

There, climbing down the willow tree, was Jack!

"How did you get over the wall?" Rapunzel asked, giving him a hug.

"There were crates and boxes stacked up. I couldn't let an opportunity to see you pass."

The two smiled at each other, basking in the moment. Jack suddenly sighed.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing is wrong. You just look so beautiful in the moonlight."

"It's funny, your hair looks like moonlight, in the moonlight."

He laughed. They talked an hour longer before they had to part. Hesitantly, Jack leaned in. Rapunzel smiled, wrapped her arms around him, and kissed him.

They relished in that kiss, knowing it might be a while before they see each other again.

With a smile, a touch to the cheek, and a sigh, they left.