Chapter 2

-Raina's POV-

As I sat in Maddie's room I smiled and picked up a brunette Barbie doll that reminded me of my friend Kate that left a few years ago. "Hi, I'm Barbie! What's your name?" Maddie did her best Barbie voice and giggled. "Hi Barbie, I'm Kate" I responded. She giggled and was about to speak when the Alpha walked in "Raina I need you to meet some other pack members before we start the welcoming ceremony" Alpha Briggs announced formally then kneeled down "Do you mind if I pinch Raina for a bit Maddie?" he asked softly. She shook her head no with a small giggle then shooed us out of her room.

"Who do I need to meet Alpha?" I asked as we walked towards his office. "My Beta and third in command, they wanted to meet you before everyone else" he replied simply then opened his door and let me in.

As I strolled into the room two men locked their eyes on me, scanning every inch of my body and stopping to stare into my oddly colored eyes. "Hi, I'm Raina Shadow" I introduced myself and held out a hand to shake. The Beta shook my hand firmly but the third in command kissed my hand. I looked to the floor as heat crept up to my cheeks in a dark blush that probably made me look like a cherry.

"I'm Drake Dark, the Beta" he smiled. I nodded then looked to the third in command "I'm Jason Matthews, the third in command" he winked. I blushed again and directed my attention to Alpha Briggs. "Sorry for Jason's flirtiness, he is looking for a girlfriend after his mate rejected him about a month ago" Alpha Briggs explained with a casual shrug. I nodded in understanding knowing how much you want to prove your mate wrong for rejecting you. "I think Jason and I are gonna be close, my mate rejected me two days ago so I ran and ended up here" I said with a sad smile.

Jason looked shocked that I had been rejected "How could he reject you, if you were mine you would be treated like a freakin' princess " Jason muttered to himself but we all heard it. Bonus of being a werewolf. I shrugged it off and went to my room to change so I looked presentable for the ceremony. I decided on a blue sundress with silver flats and a silver head band then let my hair fall naturally.

After doing some light silver eyeshadow and cherry lipgloss I walked down to where we had to go for pack meetings and ceremonies. It was basically just a huge meeting hall big enough to fit over 1000 wolves in it.

As I walked in I saw that there were already a few people here and more piling in. I nervously made my way to the stage with a soft smile on my lips.

Just as I sat down the Alpha came up to start with a regular pack meeting before introducing me then having a little banquet for my arrival. "Ladies and gentlemen please take your seats" Alpha Briggs said calmly into the mic. Everyone sat down and stopped chatting like obedient dogs.

After staring at the Alpha for a moment all eyes turned to me as they scanned me, judging me secretly and whispering to their friends. All of the sudden Maddie jumped out of her seat "Hi Raina!!" she squealed cutely as her mother pulled her back into her seat. Everyone laughed then looked to the Alpha.

"Ok first off, there have been reports of rogues in the area so keep an eye out and secondly we are doubling training hours. Last of all we are welcoming a new member to our pack, so please welcome Raina Shadow" Alpha Briggs announced then dismissed us, allowing us to eat and mingle.

As I left the front of the hall I made a bee line for the food, piling on roast beef and other yummy foods. As I was about to sit at a single table Jason waved me over to his table. "Hey" he smiled. "Uh hi, what's wrong?" I asked thinking that he couldn't possibly have wanted me to sit with the higher ranks. "Nothing, do you wanna sit with us?" he asked calmly but I saw a bit of hope in his eyes.

I sighed and nodded then sat down quietly eating as the others at the table chatted. "You ok Raina? Your really quiet" Jason said with concern. I shrugged "I'm just not in a very talkative mood, I'm gonna go to my room" I replied softly as I finished my meal and walked to my room, collapsing tiredly on my bed after changing into yoga shorts and an over-sized t-shirt.

I woke up to someone poking me softly. "Raina get up, I'm hungry and everyone else is asleep" Maddie whined. I got up and walked with her to the kitchen holding loosely into her tiny hand. "I want bacon and eggs" she demanded with a pout.

I giggled at her cuteness and began to cook breakfast for her and making sure to leave myself some too.

-Jason Matthews POV-

I got up smelling something heavenly cooking and walked to the kitchen to find Raina cooking away for Maddie and herself. I smirked as I looked at her singing a nursery rhyme as Maddie clapped along with a cute grin. "Good morning Jason" Raina said. My jaw dropped, how did she know that I was watching her? "Because I have eyes in the back of my head" Raina smirked.

"Did I say that out loud?" I asked cautiously. "Yep!" she giggled.

"Can you make me some breakfast too please?" I begged with puppy eyes even though she couldn't see them. "Why, your a grown man. Do it yourself!" she retorted as she spun around with a hand on her hip.

"I'm only eighteen like you" I muttered. "Well your big and ugly enough to do it yourself then!" she giggled.

"I am not ugly!" I cried playfully. She let out a heavy sigh as she grabbed more ingredients "Fine, I'll make you breakfast but don't think I'm doing this every morning" she heaved as she gave in. "Yes!" I smirked doing a fist pump then a little happy dance.

"And... Done!" Raina said as she turned to us with three plates of bacon and eggs on toast balanced on her arms. "Thank you!" Maddie smiled as she started to eat.

"Thanks Raina" I said gratefully as she gave me a plate then sat down.

Within about one minute Maddie had finished her food with a cute burp at the end. "Thanks Raina, that was yummy! Can you make me breakfast every day?" she begged like puss in boots. "Oh fine, if you behave I cook something yummy for breakfast. Your lucky that your cute" Raina giggled as she pinched Maddie's chubby cheek softly. Maddie laughed then happily bolted down the hall.

"Your a great cook" I commented as I finished and took Raina's and Maddie's plate to the sink to wash. "Thanks, I learnt from my Aunty since my parents died in a car crash when I was three. I can't even remember what they looked like..." she sighed as a stray tear slipped down her pale cheek. I wiped it off with the brush of my thumb as we locked eyes.

Her mismatched eyes gazed into my emerald ones as I leaned closer. Just before our lips met a loud "CRASH, BANG!!!" made us pull apart.

"What the..." I began to ask as Maddie walked back into the kitchen with a bunch of little kids that were all murmuring about being hungry. I looked around the corner and saw that they had accidentally smashed a vase. I quickly cleaned up the mess and threw it in the bin as I re-enter the kitchen to find Raina cooking for the... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13... thirteen kids!

"You need a hand Raina?" I asked as she began to cook. "Nope, this is an easy recipe. I'll be done in five minutes" she replied calmly.

I stood looking over the kids that were now quietly eating there breakfast with a smile. "They're too cute for their own good" Raina smiled softly. I nodded in agreement as they put their clean plates on the sink then ran to play.

"Soo, where were we? Oh yeah" I smirked as I leaned in to kiss her.

As soon as her lips connected with mine I forgot all of the pain of my mate rejecting me and only felt happiness. Her soft, berry flavored lips moved perfectly with mine as I pulled her close.

"That was amazing" I admitted as we pulled apart panting for air. She giggled then her face was paled as something dawned on her "That was my first kiss..." she whispered as she touched her kiss swollen lips...

__________________________

Hey people, sooo second chappie. Yay! I hope this book is entertaining for you all and fun to read cause it is fun to write. I'll update again soon and I added the kiss scene cause, well.... it's valentines day in Australia!!! Peace out!✌

~Aza_angel