Chapter 4

-Jason's POV-

I watched in amazement as Aaron was lifted high above the floor scratching at his throat. Raina was doing this, but how? "Raina stop! Your gonna kill him!" Alpha Briggs yelled.

All of the sudden Aaron was on the floor struggling to breathe through his half crushed wind pipes. "Raina!" Alpha Briggs yelled just as I turned to see her hit the floor only just keeping a steady breathing rate. I dropped to my knees and cradled her limp body in my arms. "Get away from my mate!" snarled Aaron as he weakly stood up with quite a few wobbles before finally standing straight. "Get lost Aaron, she hates your guts! You rejected her so you don't deserve to call her your mate!" I growled as I protectively held her close to my chest feeling her snuggle up to me.

"That doesn't matter, soon the mate bond will force her to come back to me!" Aaron laughed like a mad man which he basically is...

"No it won't, your the only one feeling pain from the rejection, she got over it within a week! Do you really think your man enough for such a beautiful, talented and gifted girl like Raina?" I spat venomously as she squirmed most likely feeling the thick tension in the room. "I'm more than worthy of her, I'm and Alpha and your a stupid gamma (third in command)!" he growled and lunged for me but before he could even tap me he froze in mid air.

I looked down at my gorgeous girlfriend and realized she was using her abilities to protect me. "Raina, stop please. Your only hurting yourself more" I stroked her hair softly as her ghostly white eyes went back to normal. "Jason, I need to tell you something that I've been hiding for a while...." she trailed off nervously.

"What is it baby?" I asked in concern.

"I-I am not a normal wolf, I was specially selected by the moon goddess to be her high priestess. Kinda like her Beta or speaker, with it comes some big responsibilities and some perks including what you just witnessed... I've never really used these abilities for harm until now..." she somehow managed to get out within one breath. I gawked at the beautiful maiden laying in my arms with wide eyes. Suddenly tears rolled down her perfect face as she sobbed "I understand if you don't want to be with me after what I just did but I couldn't let him hurt you" she cried as she motioned towards Aaron who was currently glaring at me.

"Are you of Alpha blood?" Alpha Briggs blurted out randomly. "I never really knew my parents but I have been told by my wolf that I am the descendent of an Alpha king" she stammered as she collected herself, slowly wiping her tears and hugging me. "Wow..." I whispered, completely speechless.

"Do you still like me Jasy?" Raina asked softly using her nickname for me. "Like you? Like you, ha! I love you Raina and don't you forget it!" I exclaimed as we hugged each other close only to be ripped apart.

I smashed into the wall with a loud "THUD!" and winced when I saw Raina crash into the staircase. "Mine" Aaron growled as he pounced on me like I was easy prey. I rolled out of his way just as he landed and stepped on his back. "Raina is too good for you. Your an abusive a**hole!" I snarled through gritted teeth. "Ha, like you can talk. She's not your mate and eventually you'll go crawling back to your mate leaving her broken hearted, just leave and let her be with me!" Aaron bit out as his nose began to bleed.

"Guys, Raina's out cold and she is seriously pale!" Alpha Briggs yelled as he picked up the unconscious body of Raina. "Crap! I'll deal with you later..." I muttered then ran to Raina, snatching her from my Alpha's arms. "Raina, baby can you hear me?" I questioned frantically as I checked her pulse. "Her heart is only just beating, you b****** how could you do this to her!" I screamed at Aaron as he curled up in a ball with tears streaking down his face.

"I didn't mean it..." he whispered then repeated it over and over, getting louder and louder as he rocked back and forth like a young child.

I picked her up and took her to the pack doctor's office and laid her down on a bed with crisp white sheets that looked freshly cleaned. "Hello" said a calm and deep voice. I spun around to see a tall man in a doctors uniform and instantly began explaining the situation. "Ok, I'll check her for injuries" he sighed as he scanned her and took notes.