Chapter 9

-Raina's POV-

I sat in my cave remembering all of the times of joy and sorrow I had spent here. When my cousin Joan died I spent 2 weeks in this cave, I still have the portraits I painted of her. Joan was my best friend and my cousin which only brought us closer. She died when a rogue tried to attack me when I was 13, Joan jumped in front of me to save my life. The rogue snapped her neck and was killed by Aaron's dad, the previous Alpha. The whole time of the alpha and rogue battling I sat there over Joan's lifeless and cold corpse crying "Why couldn't it have been me?!", the words still echoed in my head. I only spoke those words for those two weeks, when I returned I never spoke until a year later...

"Raina? Are you ok? Your as pale as a ghost, wait! Please don't tell me there is some power of being a ghost!" Aaron said in a panicked tone. I cleared my sandpaper dry throat and laughed at him. "Aaron can you calm down? I have more important questions to ask you" I sighed. He calmed down a little bit but he was still slightly on edge.

"Why would you force your mark on me?" I asked in a low, dangerous whisper. "I didn't want you to leave again, plus other males were constantly staring at you so it was a way to say 'mine!'" Aaron replied sheepishly. "I'm not ready for that kind of commitment, I only just forgave you for... rejecting me" I sighed sadly. The memories of that horrid day in the school hallway flooded back, I thought I'd never recover from the heart brake. I may have appeared strong that day but the old me was dead, that girl died long ago and I didn't know if she could be reincarnated with this love.

"Raina! Are you ok, you zoned out after you said uhh... stuff about the rejection" Aaron said carefully as if he were walking around land mines. "I'm fine, I just don't know if I could ever forgive and forget what you did to me and what it took to fix myself. You could ask anyone and see that I haven't held the same light in my eyes since the day of the rejection" I whispered and ended up crying by the end of my explanation. "Did I really put you through that much heart break?" Aaron asked, completely astonished by how easily he broke a strong girls heart. I only nodded, not trusting my voice enough to speak without it cracking from the crying.

Aaron hung his head low in shame and covered his face with his hands, "I cant believe I did that to you, my own mate" he muttered with pain clear in his voice. "I don't deserve you..." Aaron sighed in dismay.

"Alpha? Alpha! Did you find h-" a pack warrior called and slipped behind the waterfall into the cave but stopped mid-sentence when he saw me, "Luna" he bowed his head in respect. I growled lowly causing the warrior to straighten up in fear, "Do not bow your head, I am not ready for being a Luna" I snarled angrily. "But you bare the mark of the Alpha" the warrior replied.

"I DON'T CARE!" I snarled in complete rage. The warrior cowered in fear at my tone and caused me to realise that it was to late to go back now. I was beginning to get my Alpha voice and power. Aaron stared at me in complete and utter shock, "Its happening!" we cried in sync. The warriors eyes widened and then he smiled at us, "The mate bond is growing, all that's left is the end of the mating process" he said merrily, "Come on, we are going back to the pack house".

*At the pack house*

I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted, "I'm only putting the pack in danger, just let me leave" I reasoned. "Na ah, your ready for your pack duties as Luna. You are stuck with that Alpha Female tone for the rest of your life Luna" another warrior said simply. I growled angrily "Sorry Raina..." he muttered under his breath. I rolled my eyes at the warrior and kept walking. "Raina, stop being rude" Aaron hissed as he nudged me with his elbow. "Owch! Aaron your not my dad, your my mate. We are equals! Deal with it and don't boss me around!" I growled at his aggressiveness.

He sighed in defeat and I just smirked smugly. "C'mon, you need to sleep on a real bed. Lets go to our room", Aaron demanded with a small smile forming on his lips as he said 'our room'. I just nodded as my exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks and I let out a small yawn. In one swift movement I was in Aarons arms being carried up the stairs bridal style. The last thing I saw was Aaron kissing my forehead goodnight and whispering in my ear "I love you" before the lights went out and I fell into a cosy sleep in my mates protective arms.

__________________________

Hey soz it's a short chapter but I wrote on my laptop for the first time instead of my iPod so I'm really proud of myself. 😃 Anyways.... 1400 reads! I love you guys so much! I know I've said it before but I love you all! Peace out! ✌

~Aza_angel