Chapter 17

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Maddie, losing your parents at such a young age is hard and I know that from personal experience. I'm just glad that one good thing came from Maddie's parent's death, she came to Aaron and I pulling us impossibly closer to each other. "Mummy, promise me you'll never leave me" Maddie sniffled as she quickly wiped her face.

"Ok sweet heart, I promise that I will never leave you" I smiled at my little angel, she smiled back happily as she hugged me again. "Even though you aren't my real mum you're just as perfect as her" Maddie complimented as we stepped apart and I grabbed a face washer to clean up the tears that were dried on her face. Her cute nose was red from sniffling just like her swollen red eyes from crying, never do I ever want to see Maddie cry again.

We walked down to the kitchen after Maddie composed herself to make some lunch, we decided on making chicken schnitzel burgers which is one of Maddie's favourite meals. We crumbed the chicken together then I began cooking, showing Maddie how you can tell when its done and what goes best with it.

"This is so good...." Maddie moaned as she ate the burger, I nodded in agreement while munching my burger. We made enough for at least 20 burgers and I know it won't go to waste. "These are the best burgers I've had in, well, since you last were at the pack before you uh... left" said Aaron's Beta, Harry Jacobson.

"Never bring that up again Harry" I hissed angrily, even the thought of my foolishness and leaving my mates side makes me wish I could change the past. "Yes Luna" he mumbled with his head bowed.

After the meal was eaten I washed up the dishes with the help of Maddie. "LUNA! LUNA! COME QUICKLY IT'S URGENT!" screamed Aaron's third in command, Darrel Lawrence. I sprang from my space in the kitchen and followed Darrel to the problem.

Outside lay Aaron, his eyes were closed as he bled onto the ground. "What happened?!" I screamed as I knelt by my mates side, crying in hysterics. "Hunters happened, that's what! They shot him with a regular bullet luckily not a silver bullet so he can survive, he needs treatment" Darrel explained then his eyes glassed over as he called for the pack doctor.

"Where are the hunters?" I hissed as I glared into the woods. Darrel pointed to just infront of the treeline where the hunters were laying on the ground withering in pain. "I will kill them myself" I growled as I stalked towards these murderous monsters. "PLEASE SPARE US!" screamed a young hunter.

"Why should I when I know you'll return and kill my pack. You might have just killed my soul mate now you pay with your lives!" I yelled angrily as my claws grew. They screamed for mercy but my wolf was already in control. With swift, deadly movements I killed the hunters with ease, thier blood staining my clothes.

I shivered as I realised that I just killed several men, "Get rid of these hunters bodies, I must tend to my mate" I growled lowly as the pack warriors began to get rid of the bodies obediently.

I sped back to Aaron's side and held his and as the pack doctor removed the bullet from Aaron's bloody chest. "Will he be ok?" I whispered worriedly as the doctor looked over the bullet with his face scrunched up, "They're expirementing metals for our weaknesses, if we make it seem like this bronze bullet is our downfall it could spare many lives" the doctor suggested.

I nodded to him knowing it would spare my other werewolf brothers and sisters the pain of death by silver. "That doesn't answer my question, is he going to be ok?" I snapped getting agitated that he had dodged my question. "He may take a a couple of weeks to heal because it has gone through muscle and tissue quite deep but he should be fine" the doctor said.

I smiled softly and hugged Aaron carefully to avoid harming my true love. "Why are you covered in blood?" Aaron asked as he came too. I averted my eyes and frowned as the images of those stupid hunters horrified faces when I killed them. "I killed the hunters that shot you" I whispered. Aaron smiled weakly at me, "Your a great Luna, don't pitty the men that tried to harm our pack. All you did was defend us all, my hero" Aaron spoke in a raspy voice as I hushed him by putting my finger to my lips.

"Rest my love, you will heal quicker if you rest" I smiled then Darrel and Harry took him to our bedroom. "Mummy, what happened to daddy?" Maddie asked as she looked at her sleeping father and then stared at my bloody clothes. "Hunters happened sweetie" I answered sadly and that's all I said before walking to the shower to wash away all of the blood and grime.

Once I turned of the shower and stared at myself but I couldn't even bare to see my own face for longer than a second. I felt as if thier blood was still on me, I have killed before but not with my bare hands. A single tear trickled down my cheek slowly, I swiped at the tear and dried off then walked into the bedroom.

 Maddie sat on the bed with Aaron as she snuggled into his side, they were so close they almost looked like they were actually related. My heart warmed as I stared at my family, I grabbed Yana and Nathaniel with a smile then sat them by Aaron.

'One big happy family' my wolf said in my head. I truly agreed with her, life is so... perfect. I couldn't ask for a better little family with the man that stole my heart. If only we hadn't faught when we first found out we were mates this would've happened long ago but I wouldn't have Maddie. I have no regrets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys I'm finishing the book soon my dearest fans and I love you all. Thank you for the support and if you would like me to dedicate this chapter to you comment your favourite part of the book. Which ever person picks the best piece will get a dedication :). I hope you guys liked the story cause it's almost over and I'm think of a SEQUEL so comment if you want one. Peace out!

~Aza_angel