Chapter 12

I woke up next to Maddie hearing her cute little snores as she snuggled into my side. Her hair sprawled across her face in knots as she tossed over to look at me, "Good morning mummy" she yawned softly. I gave her small body a tight squeeze as I stared at her adoringly, "Good morning princess!" I giggled.

Just as I went to open my mouth to speak again her stomach grumbled loudly sending us both into a fit of laughter, "Can I have pancakes?!" she asked between giggles and I nodded knowing that my voice would crack if I spoke. We jumped up and dashed down the stairs together as Aaron walked out of our bedroom and fell backwards when Maddie shoved past him.

She laughed and muttered a quick apology then kept running. I shook my head at the little girl that was now my adoptive daughter, her messy red curls flying about her face. She was the image of an angel sent from god himself to get rid of the nightmares of being me.

Once we reached the enormous kitchen I grabbed the ingredients for fresh blueberry pancakes as Maddie grabbed a stool so she could help. "Can I mix the ingredients?" she asked happily as she watched me pour everything into the bowl. I smiled at my little angel and nodded handing her a spoon.

Her small hands wrapped around the oversized spoon as she mixed the ingredients as fast as she could but only made the bowl spin on the bench. I giggled and reached for the spoon to help her but yelped as arms wrapped around my waist. I spun around to look at my mate with a smile, his eyes held adoration, love and happiness.

"Your so great with kids..." he whispered while nibbling my ear. I laughed as he breathed against my ear as close as he could be then whispered, "I can't wait till we have a child of our own". My heart beat sped up at the thought of having a little person growing inside of me, a part of me and Aaron. A blush spread across my cheeks as I pushed him away playfully.

"You'll have to work for it!" I laughed as he stumbled into the counter and chuckled.

I spun back around only to see Maddie coated in the ingredients. "What happened?! I turn my back for literally a minute and you coat yourself in pancakes mixture!" I giggled as she shrugged and tried to explain.

"I mixed to fast and it flew at me, it hit my head..." she explained shyly as she rubbed her arm. I just shook my head then took her upstairs for a bath. "Clean the kitchen please Aaron" I called out from the stairs. He didn't reply but I knew he would.

"Why is your brother and the king of rogues after you?" Maddie asked suddenly. I froze as every single muscle in my body tensed, how the hell does she know. "Because if my brother brings me to the king of rogues they will be stronger. In a month when they come you have to hide, they won't hesitate to kill you" I ordered and she nodded looking scared.

"Why did daddy bite your ear earlier?" Maddie asked out of nowhere to break the silence. I just shook my head with a smile, clever girl. "That's how mums and dads play around" I shrugged simply. Her lips made an 'O' shape as she nodded and hopped out of the bath tub. I wrapped a towel around her then led her to her bedroom to get dressed.

"Wear something warm, its supposed to be a bit chilly outside today" I said in a motherly tone, wow my responsibility levels have gone up higher than I ever thought possible.

Maddie's head bobbed up and down as she dashed towards her closet to find her outfit for the day. I walked out calmly and went to do my morning essentials then dress in a crimson tank top, thick jeans, red high tops and my favorite golden bangle that had my name engraved into it.

Aaron strolled in casually as I finished putting my hair up into a messy bun leaving out my fringe. He hugged me from behind as we stared at each other through the mirror. "The pack is under strict training orders to train 2 hours a day. I won't let that fowl king of rogues steal you away from me, not after we've come so far to be right where we are. I love you" he sighed, I know how stressed he is about this.

Suddenly I felt really dizzy and the world felt like it was spinning. I ran to the bathroom and puked up my guts as Aaron sat by my kneeling figure patting my back gently. Once the vomiting stopped I brushed my teeth to dispose of the awful flavor.

"Why am I vomiting? Is there a bug going around?" I asked, Aaron's eyes went wide as he shook his head no and ran. I sat there confused for a few minutes till he came back with the pack doctor.

The doctor pulled out a stethoscope and pressed the cold metal to my stomach but jumped back instantly. "There are 3 heart beats, yours and 2 others. Congratulations, your having twins! You'll give birth in approximately 5 months" the doctor announced and left.

My jaw dropped as I sat still feeling completely gobsmacked, I'm pregnant with twins...

Aaron smiled and hugged me tight then noticed I was upset, "What's wro-... oh my god" he whispered, the attack was in a month, I'm due to give birth in 5 months. Well crap!

Aaron was probably gonna wrap me in 10 layers of bubbles wrap now that he knows I'm pregnant with twins. He instantly picked me up and laid me on our bed, "I won't let then lay a finger on you" he growled and locked all the windows in our room and went for Maddie.

"What the hell?! NOOOOO!" I heard Aaron scream and I ran to Maddie's room only to see...

-TO BE CONTINUED-