13-It's what's important

A/N Here is the next chapter! I hope you enjoy this! :D

The phone was ringing off the hook.

"Hello, Officer Heart speaking.

"Officer Heart, this is Officer Thindall from the Los Angeles Police department. We have been notified that the teenager who robbed the cash register at Bristol Farms in LA is in Ohio, we sent a team out there, can you be on highway patrol? He's somewhere between Akron and Cleveland."

"Sure thing Office Thindall, I'll do that right away." Officer Heart was just getting ready to go home, but things suddenly changed.

***

The party was raging by now, Dylan was feeling very left out. Brighton was with Aman and he knew he might as well not even bother! He should go check on Brooks perhaps, he was all alone and probably nervous about tomorrow. Dylan hated all the drama that went on between the boys, he just didn't feel like competing to win Brighton's heart, if she liked him enough then she'd come back. Dylan made his way to the stairway in one piece, there were people everywhere and known of them were even there for Javier which was obvious. They were just there to hang out with their girlfriends or boyfriends and to party. He finally got upstairs then walked to the bedroom he shared with Agustin and Brooks. He slowly opened the door and peeked in. Brooks was on his bed reading from a book. He didn't even notice Dylan coming in. Dylan just walked over to the bed and sat down on it, still getting no response from Brooks.

"Brooks?"

Brooks looked up seeming as if he was startled. "Hey." He said then quickly went back to reading.

"Are you okay?" Dylan asked.

Brooks just nodded his head and kept on reading as if he didn't care about anything else but the book at the moment.

"Why don't you come downstairs." Suggested Dylan.

"No thanks." Said Brooks, he finally looked up at Dylan.

"Why not?" Asked Dylan.

"I have a stomach ache." replied Brooks.

"Oh....did you eat the soup Agustin brought you?"

Brooks hesitated. "I threw it up. Dylan, girls won't like me if I have a feeding tube."

Dylan suddenly felt sorry for Brooks, it was a natural thing for him to think although Dylan didn't expect even a feeding tube could scare the girls off.

"Brooks, I don't think that's true."

"Don't just say that Dylan, I'm like an old man and I wanted to go to prom next year." Said Brooks. "But I don't even go to school."

"You shouldn't even be thinking about next year Brooks! That's ages away, but if it helps any the party isn't even fun. Then again it might be if you were down there. You have a way of grabbing the girl's attention."

Brooks just eyed him as if he didn't agree.

***

Brooks went back to his reading, he felt down about life, he wished he would never have been born. He was just on this earth to feel pain, to be too weak to walk across the room. Too sick to eat a proper meal. He did feel hungry at times, his stomach would growl telling him about how empty it was. Yet every time he ate it hurt, it begged to come out and he'd end up sick. Too sick to think straight, in too much pain to even want to deal with life.

"Go back to the party Dylan, I'll be okay." Said Brooks, he bit his lip at the pain in his chest, something that happened every now and then.

"You look pale, are you sure you're alright?" Dylan asked.