16-Afarid

A/N Here it is! Enjoy! :D 

"Come on Corey, we need to get there! Aman headed to LA, he's gaining on us. He could go to the law and we don't want that." Orson called that hot morning in Mexico City. Corey was feeling very weak that morning, his hands were trembling and he knew he needed more alcohol, his body wasn't used to lacking it. He came out of the bathroom of their shared hotel room looking pale and flushed.

"Where are we going?" He asked Orson brushing the hair on his forehead aside.

"To the Police station."

Corey raised his eyebrows. "Police station?" He asked nervously.

Orson approached him placing two firm hands on his shoulders and shaking him a bit. "Are you afraid of being caught for what you've done in the past?" He asked in his deep gravely voice.

"No," Corey lied, in fact, he was frightened of that. Just like he was of everything else. "But why are we going to the Law here? Aman's not here, the Police in Mexico can't help us." Said Corey feeling his hands tremble even more.

"Corey Aaron, you're a very dumb boy. We will tell them we are on the run and we came here to get away. We will tell them Aman took my money."

Corey started scratching the back of his neck, something he did when he was nervous. "Who will you say I am?" He asked.

"My son Corey Luz. Now let's go."

Corey hoped that would cover things up if he was Corey Luz rather than Corey Aaron he might get by! He followed Orson out of the room, he could feel his feet dragging. Just as they entered the elevator he tripped. It was for no particular reason, just pure weakness in his joints. He felt Orson bring him back to his feet by pulling him by the collar.

"What's gotten into you boy?!" He demanded.

Corey put his head in his hands to catch his bearings. Then he grasped the wall so that he wouldn't stumble again once the elevator started moving. "I'm just tired." He told Orson knowing it was more than that. His body was reacting to the lack of alcohol. "I'm fine, really." He mumbled.

"Good, because I expect you to do this right. If you fall over at the station they'll suspect something's up."

***

Aman left in the early hours of the morning, the others weren't happy about it but they knew there was nothing they could do to stop him. So the other boys went to work and school while Isla came to babysit Valeria. Thankfully she wasn't in school and only had a part time job. Aman got to LA around noon, he felt nervous, to tell the truth, he wasn't sure what he faced. He felt sick from jet lag and found a hotel first so he could rest up before this. By stocking Orson through Facebook he found out that he was living in the Eastwood Apartments. So after a nice nap that's where he was headed.

***

Dylan was at lunch that afternoon, eating alone. He missed Brighton although she never did walk out on him. He just felt as if things weren't the same. I've done it again. I went for the first girl I met. He thought with sadness. He just wanted this to work out but then his buddy's had to mess things up. He looked at the burger he ordered there not feeling very hungry. He was worried about Brooks, he missed Brighton. And Aman, Aman was being unfair but they all obliged to help him. He knew at that moment he blew his contract with Officer Heart, he was a disappointment again. Something he always felt about himself. He sat in silence although the restaurant wasn't silent. He still felt alone, another common emotion for him.

"Dylan?"

He slowly looked up to be eye to eye with Brighton! "Brighton!" He exclaimed.

"Hi, I hope you don't mind if I sit with you." She smiled looking a bit embarrassed.