Chapter Three

Tommy had almost worn a hole in the floor from his pacing "Relax brother" Arthur sighed "She'll be back when she's been about her business. She's been locked away four years Tom, she'll be catching up with her friends"

John laughed "Since when did you know about the intentions of women? No our sister will either be in a pub enjoying the effects of whiskey or..."

"With a man" Grace interrupted.

"Our sister is not like that" John snarled. Both Tommy and Grace shared a look.

×××××

After his brothers had left Grace joined Tommy in his office "Do you think I was wrong Thomas? What I said before about Rose, being with a man?"

"No" Tommy sighed as he looked.up from his paperwork "But Arthur's right, she'll come back when she's ready"

"And that's alright is it? Coming and going as she pleases? Treating our home as a hotel?" Grace snapped. Her remark had angered Tommy.

"AND WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE ME DO GRACE, AYE? WOULD YOU HAVE ME SETTING HER TO WORK? TREATING HER LIKE A MAID? SHE IS MY SISTER GRACE, SHE HAS BEEN LOCKED AWAY FOR FOUR YEARS?" Tommy yelled in his temper.

"I know, I'm sorry" Grace replied "It's just...Tommy why can't she stay with Ada or Polly?"

"So that's what this is about" This infuriated Tommy further "You don't want her here?"

"No Tommy I didn't...it's just she's hard work and we already have alot to consider, especially now" Grace ran her hand over her stomach "I'm not saying right away, but promise me it won't be forever"

"It won't be, I have a plan Grace" Tommy exhaled deeply "A plan that will see her right, married to a man who will care for her..."

"You've arranged a marriage for her?" Grace seemed shocked by a Tommy's revelation.

××××××

Roselie fixed her outfit and pinned her hair nearly, she looked at Joseph who was looking at her through lustful eyes. He approached her, looping an arm around her waist and pulling her close "God I wish I could have you here all the time" He kissed her neck and pulled her even closer "Your scent is enough to drive any man wild"

"Is that right? Well Joseph Buckley you can have me here as often as you want" Roselie teased "However for that to happen, you will have to make me your own" she smirked as Joseph hesitated.

"Marriage, now darlin...I know we..." he stumbled over his words which made Roselie roar with laughter.

"Relax love, I don't want a husband any more than you want a wife" she touched his face "Besides your American...my brother hates Americans" Joseph's shoulders shook as he laughed silently to him. This woman he had become tied up in, was more wild than he had ever dreamed, her mischievous nature kept him in his toes and that's exactly how he wanted it to stay.

××××××

It was mid afternoon when Roselie finally arrived back at Shelby Manor, and she was sleds than impressed to be greeted my a furious Tommy "What time do you call this?" He yelled.

"Jesus christ Tom, I'm not 12" Roselie rolled her eyes "I stayed out for the night, so what I'm a free woman"

"Where did you stay? Who with?" Tommy asked frantically.

"A friend, I bumped into him..." Roselie was interrupted by Tommy's growing rage.

"HIM" he cried "You were with a man last night?"

"Yes and?" Roselie frowned "So what if I spend the night with male company, Lord knows I should be entitled to a little pleasure after the four years I have suffered...stuck in that hell hole, isolated from my family and friends. A visit from my brothers twice a month if I was lucky..."

"Yes alright Rose, you've made your point" Tommy apologised "This man, did you know him well"

"No" Roselie shook her head "I went to a pub, met a man...and well you know the rest. Lord knows you've take enough women in your time"

Roselie poured herself a glass of whiskey from the decanter in Tommy's office "Whiskey at this time of day...?" Tommy sighed and Roselie rolled her eyes.

"Sorry Thomas, I forgot you are now a man who drinks tea" she smirked before walking towards the door.

"Now where are you going?" Tommy watched curiously.

"To find our brothers, in the hope that they're not too cock controlled to drink whiskey" Roselie winked at her brother before disappearing. She walked down through the hall towards the kitchen. John and Arthur were talking with Johnny Dogs and Squid bones.

"THERE SHE IS" Arthur said loudly as he stood up and hugged Roselie tightly spinning her around "Aren't you a sight for sore eyes"

"Hello brother" Roselie smiled, she turned to hug John.

"Hello beautiful" he beamed "You look well considering, have a nice prison officer to take care of you while you were inside did you?"

"Well now you come to mention it there was one particular guard who proved useful" Roselie smirked "Kept him on a rope, you know keep'em mean and all that"

"He better not have had his way with ya" Arthur scoffed as he put a bottle of whiskey down on the table.

"Of course not" Roselie lied convincingly, she knew none of her brothers would be happy with her little arrangement with Joseph "Come on boys let's celebrate my freedom properly...fuck their tea" she opened the bottle and poured her brothers a drink as they laughed loudly. Being home wasn't so bad after all.

××××××

Grace was arranging some flowers in the lobby when Roselie approached her "Rose, you're back then?"

"Yeah sorry about that" Roselie replied sarcastically "Listen I know you don't want me here Grace so you can stop with the niceties while my brother is out on business, in fact you can be a awful as you wish, but the truth remains the same. My brother wants me here, and while he want me here then there's nothing you can do to get rid of me..."

"I wouldn't bet on it" Grace mumbled under her breath, much to Roselie's fury.

"What?" Roselie spun on her heels and faced Grace.

"I said I wouldn't bet on it" Grace repeated confidently "You see you may have Tommy wrapped around your little finger because you're the baby of the family...well not for much longer" Grace ran her hand across her stomach "When this little one comes along Tommy will hardly remember you ever existed..."

"That suits me fine" Roselie snapped and stormed out into to garden, leaving Grace feeling rather sure of herself.

Roselie's heart raced as she walked towards the stables, she saw Charlie tending to one of the horses "Rose, what are you...? Never mind, do you want to help me feed them?"

Roselie nodded and soon set to work helping her uncle. She was grateful for the distraction.