Chapter Thirteen

Roselie managed to escape from the party, she headed straight to Joseph's house.

××××××××

Tommy was sat in the fields behind the house, his face was highlighted by the glow of the fire he had lit "Tommy" Johnny Dogs called out as he approached "Tommy, she's gone to him...Rose, she's gone to Kings place. Some of the Lees took her there"

"FUCK" Tommy yelled, he hadn't expected this outcome. What if Roselie had denied Alfie's advances?

××××××××

Joseph and Sebastian were sat around the fire in the lounge when Roselie arrived, she looked furious.

"I'm sorry Mr King she wouldn't stop" One of the maids followed Roselie quickly.

"It's alright Sally" Joseph reassured his maid all was well, but even he couldn't do that when Roselie pulled a gun from her purse.

"JESUS CHRIST ROSE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT?" Joseph cried, he soon went quiet as he watched Roselie aim the gun at his brother.

"Did you do it?" Roselie yelled, Joseph gestured for Sally to leave "Did you kill Grace?" Joseph looked towards his brother and frowned.

"You said she was..." Sebastian tried to explain himself.

"Pregnant" Roselie spat viciously "SHE WAS FUCKING PREGNANT YOU SON OF A BITCH"

Roselie still had the gun pointed at Sebastian, she hadn't so much as flinch "Roselie put the gun down Darlin, you do not want to do this" Joseph took a step closer to her.

Roselie shook her head, she had started to shake a little. Joseph wasn't sure if this was out of fear or fury. He was right beside her now.

Give the gun to me darlin" Joseph whispered in Roselie's ear as she continued to point the gun at Sebastian. He ran his hand gently and slowly down Roselie's arm before taking the weapon in his own hand.

"It's alright darlin" Joseph's voice calmed Roselie's racing heart. She opened her hand and let him take the gun from her.

"Jesus christ Joe you didn't tell me she was insane" Sebastian laughed nervously, Roselie turned sharply.

"Rose no" Joseph tried to stop her but it was too late, Roselie had punched Sebastian in the face, knocking him clean out "Remind me never to piss you off" Joseph teased.

"It's not funny Joe, you heard what he said" Roselie snapped "He killed Grace"

"You hated Grace" Joseph reminded Roselie, much to her annoyance.

"Yes but she was carrying my brothers child, my niece or nephew...surely you of all people should know how important that is to me?" Roselie sighed, she couldn't help but look at Joseph and see the pain in his eyes.

"I know what it's like having a child taken away from ya" Joseph didn't seem sympathetic in the slightest "And who persuaded you to do that, I wonder?"

"It wasn't just his decision, I agreed with him to a certain extent" Roselie defended Tommy "I had my doubts about raising a child with you"

"I would have taken care of you" Joseph purse his lips and exhaled "I still can, Rose whatever is going on with Alfie Solomans...it isn't what you want"

"And how would you know? You're just as bad as Tommy" Roselie stomped her foot in protest "Telling me what is right for me or wrong..."

Joseph silenced Roselie with a passionate kiss, she returned it for a few moments before slapping him "You have no right" she snarls, as Joseph's grabs her neck.

"I have the only right" He hisses before forcing Roselie's lips onto his own. The kiss was forced at first, but Roselie soon surrendered, it wasn't long before her hands were in his hair.

Roselie pushed Joseph's jacket off his shoulders, as he slipped down the straps of her dress. He lofted her off the ground in One swift movement and laid her body across the desk. Both of them were too lost in the moment to realise they were being watched from outside.

×××

"So tell me again what you saw" The man in uniform sat behind his desk with a lit pipe between his lips.

"The young Shelby woman, you know the wild one...all spread out on the desk" the younger man replied.

"And who was the man" The older man asked "Who did she have between her legs?"

"It was King sir, Jospeh King"

"Well, Well, well" the old man grinned "It would seem officer, that we may have found our leverage"

×××

"Stop here" Rosalie said as Joseph slowed the car outside the Shelby Manor gates.

"Can't I take you to the door?" Joseph smirked.

"No, Not unless you want a bullet between your eyes" Rosalie frowned "And Joe, this can't happen again"

"We'll see" Joseph's reply angered Roselie a little. But she knew she couldn't really start an argument this close to the gate. It would stir Johnny Dogs and his kin for sure.

Joseph watched in amusement as Roselie huffed and then muttered something under her breath before getting out. She walked cautiously across the gravel and into the house "Rose is that you?" Polly came out into the hall "Where's Alfie? Is he not coming in?"

"No" Roselie replied vaguely.

"Rose stay there" Polly stopped Roselie from disappearing upstairs "Your hair you had it pinned up when you left"

"It came loose" Roselie looked sheepish.

"Hmmm" Polly didn't look convinced.

"While we danced, it came loose while we had a dance" Roselie tried to lie.

"A vigorous dance was it? lots of bouncing?" Polly got closer to Roselie "Jesus Christ Rose tell me you didn't, Not with Alfie Solomans"

"I didn't, like I said we danced" Roselie freed her hand from Polly and rushed away "I'm tired Polly, can't this interrogation wait until morning?"

"Fine, but don't think I'm going to let this go madam" Polly called after Roselie, she quickly rushed inside her bedroom and closed the door. To her surprise she found a note folded in half on top of her dressing table.

I'll be seeing you

Was all that was written on the note, Roselie hurried out of her bedroom "Polly! Polly! Tommy" Roselie called out. Just as Roselie arrived down stairs she was relieved to see Tommy rushing through the door.

"Rose what is it?" Tommy took the paper from Roselie as Polly arrived "Where did you...?"

"It was my bedroom" Roselie inhaled deeply "On the dresser, Tommy who is it from?"

"Who is it from Tommy?" Polly pushed "Who would be bold enough to come here?"

"I can think of one person" Tommy frowned and both he and Polly fixed their gaze on Roselie...