Prologue

Swords clashed, men fell, cadaver strewn on crimson ground, dust storms and angry sky. Amidst the thumping boots, battle drums and roaring warriors the lady fell from her spire, a ghost of smile played across her full lips and a single tear rolled down her cheek.
"RYENA!" Screamed the warrior beneath with the heaviest sword, and his shield clattered to the ground. Sweat glistened on his forehead. He drove his sword through the heart of his enemy and ran towards the tower.
The war raged on.

The wind whipped at her white robes and claimed her hair. It was just a matter of few seconds before she hit the bottom, but it felt like a thousand years. Her whole life flashed before her eyes. And most of the moments had this one handsome face, who's eyes crinkled at the corners when he laughed, who gazed at her like she were all the stars, whose voice made her heart skip a beat. The last thing she saw was his face, the colour of his eyes, the inkings escaping his collar, the lopsided grin that gave her butterflies in her stomach, his strong hands holding her slender ones, his arms wrapped around her, him - she saw him.
"Agenos..." She whispered, and closed her eyes.

The man skidded to a stop, as the lady finally hit the bottom in front of him. His knees buckled, and he fell to the ground. His vision was bleary as he took her in his arms and rocked her.
"No no no...Ryena you cannot leave me, please, please..." He begged as he cried. He took off his helmet, and buried his head in her shoulder nook.
Love had broken the strongest warrior alive.

The war was lost. The warriors had all went down on their knees, their heads​ hung down. Slowly, as noon turned to evening they were all captured and slaughtered, and finally the enemy came for the man and the woman still on the ground. He looked up, his eyes bloodshot, he picked up his sword and fought to protect her body.

A few hours later, the warrior was being dragged away from the still burning pyre. He was covered in blood. He kept looking at the pyre, unblinking, whose fumes rose high in the sky and ash mixed into the soil.

The Mystiques had fallen.