Chapter 6

"Where do your allegiance lie, Debanor?" Ryena stood up, her eyes searching her friend's face.

Debanor stood up and walked, laughing bitterly.
"I have loathed you from as long as I can remember. You, getting all the attention, all the power, all the love, and I stood on the sidelines-" Debanor spit. "-as your friend. Your friend who you didn't give dust's worth. I see you for who you truly are, a monster - mean and power driven, mad and murderous, jealous!" She panted.
"You always took what was mine, you stomped on my heart when you took Agenos and you didn't care- you didn't care that you were breaking your best friend!" Debanor grinned maliciously.  Madness reflected in her eyes.
"I promised myself I will take revenge, because I did not deserve any of this. Like any human, I wanted the same things- love, respect, power— but you took everything away from me! You devil!" She lunged at Ryena,
"I'm gonna kill you!"
Debanor drove her sword towards Ryena's heart, Ryena's​ eyes widened. Her one hand enclosed around Debanor's throat, while the other she raised  towards Debanor and murmured  softly. Fire danced in Ryena's green eyes. Debanor gritted and used her force to come near Ryena and to drive the sword through her heart. Ryena's intricate black markings glowed and blinding white light escaped them, as she closed her eyes— the next moment Debanor's shrill shrieks pierced the air as she hit the far wall of the cave entrance and broke her neck.
Ryena's eyes flew open, and seeing Debanor's body lying limply and unmoving there, her eyes masked in shock. She couldn't believe she had killed someone, she had killed her best friend. Her hands shook and she frantically looked around the cave for another explanation of her best friends death. She felt the inkings move around her ears. Ryena stood up with the wall's support and moved towards her best friend. Debanor's hazel eyes were wide and then they went up. Ryena shut her eyes with her hand and cried.
"No, no, no, no, no, no...."
She raised her hands again, muttering something, "Heal her, heal her please..."
She kept on doing that but nothing happened. Debanor was not coming back. She had moved on, beyond saving. True she had put them all in trouble and tried to kill Ryena, even Agenos, but she wasn't unforgivable.

Ivy, had jumped in with Ryena and Debanor unnoticed. She had seen what they had seen and what had happened  just now. She stood up and went over to Ryena, and took her away from Debanor's body. "Milady, she's gone. We-we must save Sire. Milady if you break down now, we all will be lost. You cannot win over fate. Let it celebrate it's victory in this bout, but there's another round left. Sire must be waiting for you." Ivy said.

Ryena wiped her tears away and cut her palm using Invictus. The cut stang. Ryena walked over to Debanor's corpse and slid her cut hand on her forehead. The blood marked her forehead. Ryena than swiped her bloody palm over her own forehead, so that it marked hers too. And then she took a glob of untamed fire from the candle, in her hands and burned Debanor's corpse. This was how Mystiques disposed of their own.