Chapter 8

The light of the forenoon gleamed upon the smooth sheet of ice. The slight dent in the ground glinted. And the light creeped down in through the little gap, falling on a set of steps that went down deeper and finally opened into a narrow damp cellar, where was tied a single human. A human who was on the brink of extinction, like his race. A Mystique.

Agenos took deep breaths. His chest rising and falling rhythmically, and buzzed like a bee to calm himself. He would not go back to that night, that night where everything started. The eye of the storm. He blinked rapidly to clear his eyes, and then opened them. The cellar was cold and dark. The torchlight had extinguished somehow. He stared at the wall in front of him. The wall had marks on them - nail scratches. He realized he wasn't the only one who was tortured here. It had been days since that doomed day, when all his people had fallen to their misery. All of them. Each and every person. The volume of his loss hit him again. His body shook from pain. The hair on his body stood up. Agenos wanted to shout but no sound came out. He felt his throat clogged and rasped. A gurgling sound escaped his throat. He couldn't form any words. The pain was exploding through his head and the loss ate away at his insides. He had lost the ability to speak. Another groan escaped his mouth. His eyes were watery.
A-all of th-them are...are gone...I killed them...I-I let them die!! I LET THEM ALL DIE!!!!! Ryena, Hector, Rutherford, Benjamin, Viona, Alastar, Treena, Ivy....IVY! But Ivy wasn't there, Ivy wasn't there!
His body jerked.
My sister, My sister wasn't there! That means-that means she's alive! My little sister is alive! Thank the heavens, Ivy... I'm so glad Ivy left that day. I'm not alone, my-my Ivy is alive!
A ghost of smile played on Agenos's lips. A flicker of hope ignited.

Ivy, his sister. His sister whom he didn't even know existed till sometime back. Agenos could feel the memories approaching. Though this one was overwhelming, it was a happy memory and he wouldn't have minded a look back on it, after all this time and after all the suffering...

____________________________________

HEYYY MY UNICORNS! I'm so sorry for such a delay! This part was hard to write, no inspiration...so the other updates may take time too. I apologise in advance. Keep the votes and comments rolling in, they urge me to write ;) Reminder: You're all so beautiful, and I love you all. ❤
Stay tuned Mystiques 😉
See you all soon 😘

 ❤ Stay tuned Mystiques 😉See you all soon 😘