Chapter 10 - Bonus Chapter

Ivy's POV

The news of an existing brother left me reeling. I couldn't wrap my head around it but neither could I deny the truth. My master...my brother. My sire, my commander, my brother. Does it mean my place will shift in the hierarchy? My Sire–brother's arm is still around my neck and his other arm is around Milady's neck. Milady is leading Sire back. She motions for me too check the corridor for possible threats with a flick of her hand. Nodding I do as she commands of me.
"The way is clear Milady." I curtly reply after checking the corridor twice. My Sire's eyes find mine. Unable to hold his gaze, I come back to his side and support him.

We reach the stone hall where Miss Debanor's corpse is still burning. I remember her words...she loved my sire–brother. I pull away from my brother and try to push the stone wall open. It was a trap door. When it didn't budge, Milady motioned for me to take her place. I did as she commanded. She tapped Invictus on the stone door and with a jerk it started to turn. Sparks flew from where stone rubbed with stone, reflecting my inner state.

When we stepped in the other side, my eyes instantly scanned the cave for Hector. I sighed in relief when I saw him nodding at his brother Rutherford. All the Mystiques were cut bloody. Their visage damaged by souls. Their souls broken by souls. Rutherford's eyes widened when he noticed us. His face lit up. All the Mystiques turned around to see the cause of his happiness. Their reactions were priceless.
"Sire!" They all cheered. I felt a smile tug at my lips. My eyes burned and stung. Tears threatened to spill out.
"We leave now." Milady said. All heads nodded in unison. I was glad to be going home, in one piece. Yes I lost my brothers and sisters here, but I earned my blood. I found my brother.

Helping Sire–my brother up, I mounted my own horse. We formed a protective circle around Milady and Sire. Just when we were about to leave, Sire motioned for me to come beside him. My brother called me inside the circle. Milady noticing my brother's call, called me in too. She smiled at me. I positioned myself beside my brother. He nodded at me. And then we were off.

I paced in my room, trying to let it settle that I had a brother. A knock sounded on my chamber doors. I opened it reluctantly. Hector stood outside, hid in the dark of the night. He smiled at me. I stepped aside to let him in. He looked into my eyes and his smile vanished.
"Come here." He said extending his arms.
I stepped into his arms and my emotions surfaced. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt the burning hot tears escaping my eyes. I closed my eyes and my arms went around his neck. I let myself cry.

______________________________________

Surprise! Surprise!
Bonus Chapter for my supporters ❤

I hope you liked it. Thoughts?

I'll see you all soon with a real chapter 😘

Till then, stay amazing! 🌌