Chapter 11

Agenos sat up straighter, his wrists strained against the chains that bound him. Memory of Ivy had brought back memories he had tried long and hard to suppress. More memories of his sister. If she even was his sister anymore. Agenos shook his head. It was his mistake, he didn't deny that. He did something. He did something that made him wish he wasn't a Mystique in the first place, made him wish he hadn't read any books in the first place.

The cold had numbed Agenos's muscles. He stared ahead at the wall, lost in his thoughts.

Mystiques, he thought.
My sin was reading...my sin was reading books, that made me this damned thing I am today! I did not wish to be special, I did not wish for extraordinary, I did not wish for this forsaken life!
No harm ever comes from reading a book. I beg to differ! Once you read, you're what I became...you become a Mystique! Yes, we are–were all readers. Why I even thought of being something by reading, I don't know! And I didn't know that it will come true! It is true! You become what you read! I have all the powers of those I've read about, but none of those powers can bring back my people, my Ryena!
"Readers are ordinary people." Waste of the beast! You become a Mystique when you a read a book, you become special!
I didn't ask to save the world! I was happier knowing that stories are not real!
Agenos slumped against the wall and closed his eyes.
If only, I could go back... I'm a Mystique warrior and always will be. There is no going back. There is no way out of this, because this is what I am, and this is what every reader is! Damn those books that got me here, brought me my family, and brought me Ryena...Waste of the Beast! Damn those books that took everything from me, everything! My love, my family, my life, my strength, everything! I'm exhausted. I don't want to be the this waste of the Beast anymore. I'm tired of what I have become. I'm just tired.
Lord, have mercy on your child, bring it eternal sleep!
Agenos eyes cast heavenwards on his last thought. He pleaded with his eyes to be rid of this life. His emotions swirled in his eyes. He was greeted by dense silence.

There was no day or night in this hellhole Agenos was trapped in. There was no life or any sign of it. There was nothing, but a vast white expanse above and a storm of darkness below. The only breath that marked this land was of the Mystique warrior who died every day.

She could see him, see his despair, hear his pleas. She could feel him dying. She could feel the pain he carried. She was here, for him.

                                ~*~

Hello Mystiques! How've you been? I hope this chapter has been a little informative about what this book is.
I know this update is very late and very short, but bear with me please?
But good news! I've slightly overcome the writers block which means another chapter upcoming soon!
Stay tuned, you're all amazing!

ALSO WE REACHED #81 IN FANTASY! THANK YOU SO MUCH, I LOVE YOU GUYS 💞