Chapter four

•"unexpected events will make us realize we have a lot of growing to do"•

Kamora

I paced back in forth crying as Brandi tried to calm me down.

"Mora!"She exclaimed as I stopped and sat down. I called my breathing while resting my head in my hand.

"Brandi what am I suppose to do! I'm only 23, I can't raise a baby!"I exclaimed while lifting my head up. She sat next to me rubbing my back.

"Well first, you need to contact the baby father"She said and I froze.

"Brandi, if I tell you who he is, you gotta believe me"I whispered and she nodded. I took a deep breath and the doorbell rung.

I stood up shuffling to the door as my hair stuck to my wet face. I unlocked the door opening it revealing Maddie.

"Hi Mora!"She exclaimed and Brandi walked up with her arms crossed.

"Girl if you don't get yo crooked ass eyebrows outta here"Brandi grumbled and Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Bestfriend! What's wrong why are you crying?"Maddies asked and I turned and looked back at Brandi.

"Look Maddie, I've been thinking about the past and, your just not the type of bestfriend I want. It's like you hate how I look and dress, Brandi was my main supporter"

"Really Kamora? After all the shit we been through?"

"What shit we been through Maddie? The shit you put my through!"I yelled and she did a heavy sigh.

"Alright Kamora, just to let you know, I was never your friend. It took you a while to realize."

I slammed the door in her face and groaned. Brandi slung her arm around me and we sat down on the couch.

"Anyway, you were saying?"She asked.

"My baby daddy is August Alsina, and I know it sound crazy, but it's true. Maddie and I went to his concert and she left me back doors. Soon I found myself having sex in the back of his car"

"Girl! He got money. You got a lucky baby daddy"Brandi exclaimed and I sighed while shaking my head.

"He's a celebrity Brandi"I replied.

"But once Rihanna promotes you, you will be one too"

"Will be, who knows. He dosen't need anything to distract him, so I won't tell him"I simply said while giving her a smile.

"No Kamora! Look, I grew up without a father and I wouldn't want nobody to ever have to go through that. I'm not gonna sit here and let you not tell him Kamora"

I sighed realizing how selfish I was. "I have his number"

"Call him! Tell him to meet you somewhere so you can tell him!"

"Okay first Brandi, I need to go to the doctor to see if this is all true you know. What if that pregnancy was just a false alarm?"

"Babe, stop procrastinating. Just call ole dude and tell him."

I nodded and picked up my phone dialing his number.

"Helluh?"His thick accent came through which instantly made me melt.

"Ugh um Hey August its Kamora"I nervously talked while gal cling at Brandi. I placed it on speaker phone.

"Oh wassup ma?"He asked and Brandi silently did a happy dance.

"Hey look, I need to talk with you tomorrow about something. It's kind of important"I quickly said and Brandi face palmed.

"Aight. How bout Starbucks at 12?"He asked. I bit my lip thinking to myself.

"Sounds perfect"

We both hung up and Brandi gave me a look.

"Watt! Look I'll rather tell him in person than over the phone. I mean really I do have a heart"I joked and she slightly giggled.

"I'm gonna be an Auntie!"She exclaimed and I remained quiet. I wasn't so happy about having a child, but I will never lean towards abortion.

***
The following morning, I was nervous. Every brush of my hair my hand shook. I put on my clothes. A nude pencil skirt with a white blouse. I recently got a new pair of glasses.

I decided to put my hair up in a bun and added some earrings. I slipped on um glasses and smiled to myself. I gathered up all my things and went downstairs.

I hurried and grabbed a banana from the pantry and walked to my car. I placed my purse in the passengers seat and buckled it up. Like normal I drive to my job and opened up the shop.

"Now the one and only August Alsina is now in building. Ladies hold your panties up"Angela Yee joked as her voice played in my car.

"Wassum."

"So August tell me about any upcoming projects a-"I cut out my car and ate my banana.

I grabbed my pursed and searched through my bag for the keys. I found them and got out. I locked my car door back.

Brandi was already in the shop working on a few clothes. I tossed the banana peel in the outside trash. I pulled the door handle and it opened.

"Brandi?"I called out. I went to her office and she was sleep on her couch. I laughed and walked back out and turned on the open sign.

Vicky- Food?

I really wasn't in the mood for food. Feeling the warm liquid rise in my throat, I rushed to the bathroom and threw up.

I wiped my moth and flushed the toilet. I grabbed a tooth brush that Brandi stored for me in the cabinet and tooth paste.

When I got done brushing my teeth, I replied to Vicky with a yes. Minutes later she arrived with a Denny's bag.

I went to my office and ate it while scrolling on my phone. I heard customers come in and I finished my food and tossed it in the garbage.

11:45 a.m.

I sighed while standing up grabbing my keys and purse. I walked out of my office and Brandi looked at me.

I walked outside and into my car. I drove my way to Starbucks and killed the engine. I turned on my phone and looked the time.

11:55 a.m.

I got out the car and locked the door. I slowly walked into Starbucks and sat down at a booth. I began texting Brandi just to boost my confidence.

Me: Brandi, omg I'm scared

Brandi🌺: just breathe in and out and count to some number. Look everything is gonna be okay.

Me:'I see him! Oh my god Brandi I can't do this.

Brandi🌺: come on Mora, think of your future kid.

I clicked off my phone and August slid into the seat in front of me. I smiled.

"Everything okay?"He asked and I shrugged.

"Hey, you remember that night of what we did?"I asked and he nodded.

"What about it? lol don't worry sweetheart, I had a good time"He winked which caused me to roll my eyes.

"August can you be serious?"I asked and he shook his head.

I gave him a look. "Okay, okay I'm serious, but continue on"

I took a deep breath while looking away. "I'm pregnant"