Chapter nine

Comments are appreciated 😊
Kamara

"I'm horny"Brandi whined while eating pizza.

"Damn, just didn't give nobody a heads up"James rolled his eyes and ate his fries.

I had invited them to Joes Kitchen. I had recently got the results of my blood test telling me if I was having a boy or girl.

"Can y'all hush?"I whine. They nodded and I pulled the envelope from my bag.

"Hurry and tell us!"James rushed. I opened the envelope and unfolded the paper.

"Girl, I'm having a girl!"I exclaimed while reading the paper. They all cheered and people turned their attention towards us.

I checked my phone seeing that it was 1:30. I had to get going. I remembered that August and I planned to go Starbucks.

"Alright. I'm headed out."I smiled while standing up and walking out. I went to my car and got in.

I slipped on my seat belt and closed the door. I started up the car and pulled out heading to Starbucks.

I pulled up and checked my phone.

1:40

I began to text Vicky just to check up on the shop. Ever since finding out I was pregnant, I was to busy either sleeping in, being sick, have discussions with August and his manager, or doctors appointment.

Vicky: things are running well, but we need to restock on those blue shoes.

Me:yeah they are selling good

Vicky: want me to place the order today?

Me: yeah thank you

I clicked off my phone and placed it on the divider of my car. I turned off the car. I soon found myself dosing off taking a quick nap. Within in 20 minutes, I heard a pounding on my window and I instantly shot up.

"Sleepy?"August asked and I unlocked my door and got out. I grabbed my purse and phone and closed the door.

"You scared me!"I exclaimed and clicked the lock button.

"That's dangerous Kamara, somebody could have broken in and killed you or something"

"Sorry dad"I joked.

"Daddy"He corrected. I rolled my eyes as he held the door for me and I walked in.

"Hi welcome to Starbucks!"The lady at the register exclaimed. August and I walked up.

"Can I just have the Rasberry tea, no sugar and the chicken salad sandwich?"I asked.

She nodded and typed in the order. I pulled out my card but already saw August ordering his food and then paying for both of us.

"Thanks"I smiled. We went to the waiting line and then received our stuff.

We found a booth and sat down.

"So why no sugar?"He asked while watching me drink my tea.

"I just prefer coffee and tea without sugar and creme."I shrugged.