|Day 1: Larcade's Demise|

August has exhausted his magic, leading himself to his own grave. Before he vanished, he saw Mavis and closes his eyes as he fades.

At least once would be enough... At least once... To be held in your arms. Mom.

Mavis watches August vanish and then hears her guild's voice.

"First master!", Chrome, Lucy, Gray and Happy calls for Mavis and rushes to her.

The little blonde master smiles and runs up to them. "Guys! It's good to be reunited with you!"

"What was that light?!", Lucy scans the area for the same light that August had released but it was nowhere to be found nor August.

"It's ok. It's no longer a threat.", said Mavis.

Gray averts his eyes then eyes Mavis. "Everybody is fighting in the south part of the city. The enemy still has some forces but we came here cuz you summoned us."

Chrome flinches and turns around, eyeing Fairy Tail's building. She had the urge to run in there so she turns around to do so but Mavis grabs her hand. "What is it First?"

"Chrome, you can't intervene.", said the first. "You cannot. Otherwise, Zeref won't be beaten. We have to let Natsu and him have their fight."

The black-haired woman's eyes narrowed as she pulls her hand away from the first master. "I'm sorry First master. I will not intervene but I have to go there.", she caught them off-guard and makes a run for it.

"Chrome!"

I'm sorry that I've turned my back on you guys. I'm sorry. And thank you... For everything.

While running, she looks back at her friends, feeling remorse and then goes back to her path.

|Meanwhile|

Zeref kicks him to the side, glaring at him. He was furious because the blonde intervened with his fight with Natsu.

"Dad... It hurts...", Larcade sobbed in pain as blood dripping down from the corner of his lips.

Natsu watches the two in silence.

"Dad?"

"Stop this." The black mage looks down. "I don't have children.", his shoulders began to tremble. "I don't have family either.", he raises his hand towards Rakheid. "You're a book I created! A demon from it!"

Larcade trembled on the spot, crying while watching his father who was about to kill him.

"GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!", light emerged from Zeref's hand as he casts a spell to make Larcade turn into ashes.

Suddenly, the doors of Fairy Tail opened with a bang. Chrome takes out her blade and slashes Zeref to cancel his spell. She caught the sight of Larcade and rushes to him, helping him up and lets her shoulder support him.

Natsu walks over to her but he was stopped as she points her sword at him. "Chrome, what are you doing?!"

"I'm sorry Natsu-san.", said Chrome apologetically. She then glares at Zeref and glances down at Larcade who was barely even alive. She drags herself and Larcade back and makes their escape as she slashes her sword again, making a bright light. "Win this Natsu-san. Save all of us.", she whispered.

And they vanished. As the two of them appeared outside of Magnolia, Chrome kept walking, helping Larcade but he stops her as he pushes her to the side. "Hey, what the hell was that for?", Chrome hisses.

"W-why did you do that?", he falls to the ground, sobbing. "Dad... Why?"

Aggravated, Chrome walks over to Larcade and slaps him across the face. "He's a bastard with a heart, cold as ice! He is not your father! That guy August... Was Zeref's real son. You're just an etherious!"