Welcome Back

The truck set off leaving the palace trailing behind me shining as brightly as it was the first day. Goodbye Mareena. Your back to your rightful place again.

Mare's POV
   The truck ride was long and not to complain but extremely uncomfortable. I was squished up in the back will all the boxes waiting for my stop. The maid told me to get off on the third stop to get back to Stilts. Once we got to the third stop I slipped out the back door quiet as a mouse. I could always count on my feet to save me. After I got out of the truck I just started running. Not even knowing where I was going just knowing that I was free.
       After about what felt like 20 minutes of just running around I realized that I needed to start finding my way home. I realized I had no idea where I was. I knew was in the woods buts that was about it. I could see the faint light of a nearby city and started walking toward it.
   After a few minutes I realized where I was and raced the way back home. Once I was on the steps of my home I was out of breath. I was about to knock the door but something stopped me. I realized I was nervous, nervous of what they would I think. "What am I thinking," I thought. "They're your family, and they will want to see you no matter how messed up you are."
    I knocked on the door. I waited a few seconds before I heard footsteps come to the door. My mother opened it and looked at me confused. Then her expression turns to disbelief and whispered "Mare?" I nodded and couldn't say anything until her arms wrapped around me. "Oh Mare, I've missed you much and you look so beautiful." I forgot that I was still in my silks and jewels from dinner and the place. My mom walked me in. Everyone was in the living room. There reactions were like Mom's, confused then disbelief then a huge hug.
     I don't know why I was looking for him because I knew he was gone but I still wish he was here. Shade. I didn't want to think about that sadness tonight so I pushed it away and explained everything to my family.
     We ate dinner together and it almost felt normal. "But it wasn't," I thought. Elara might have taken away me being princess but she couldn't take away my light in power that I loved and hated so much.
    About hallways through dinner a knock came at the door. It was Kilrion. I ran to the door and threw my arms around him. He was confused at first, relieved it was me and hugged me back. I explained everything to him and we all went to go sit in the living room.
     Just then someone popped into the room. Like literally popped. There standing there was my brother. "Shade?" I whispered. He nodded and I settled into probably the 100th hug I've had all night.

   Sorry if that chapter was a little boring, but my next chapter is from Cal's POV and then we're fast forwarding two months into the future so keep on reading!! Hoped you like my story so far :)