Epilogue

~One year later~
Mare's POV
    "Have a good day!" my mother calls as she waves me out the door. I wave back and then let my shoes hit the soft green grass beneath me.
   I walk away from the cozy cottage my family and I live in now. Well my whole family except for Shade. He stays in Archeon since he's on the government council.
It still seems crazy that our world is different now. My whole life I thought silvers were always going to rule us and I was going to die in a trench somewhere. Although I'm glad I helped play a part in the revolution in the beginning, but after the night of Cal's coronation I can't even think of going back.
   Of course the new government transition didn't go off smoothly at first or to he honest even now. The Scarlet Guard first tried to rule the government just on their own and like I told Shade I knew that wouldn't work.
Silvers were of course not taking it well and started killing thousands of Reds. Then the Battle at Archeon came. I still remember what Shade told us about happened that night about seven months ago. Reds were fed up with the Silvers killing them so they burned down all the government buildings.
Then to save the day came Cal out of hiding. He's a burner of course so he helped stop the fires saving thousands of lives. I don't know where Cal was for those three months but I'm just thankful he listened to me.
     Cal. His name still makes my heart lurch and I wish he was here with me. We could live in a another cottage in the forest and have a normal life. But I know that life isn't that simple and nothing about either of us is normal.
After the silvers found out Cal was alive they were overjoyed. Now instead of there being one single leader there is government council with half of the members red blooded and half silver blooded. There's one leader on each side of blood and it's Cal for silver and Shade for red.
I still haven't seen Cal since the night of his coronation even though he could have found out where I am since he could have asked Shade who he sees everyday. But he's giving me space which I so desperately need.
Or maybe he doesn't want me anymore. He did say he loved me that last night but why hasn't he come and contacted me? Maybe he's just scared of what we'll say to each other if we do meet again. I know I am.
Then there's Maven. I'm still mad at him for wanting to kill Cal but of course Cal forgave his brother. Maven doesn't work for the government though. He's probably married by now and living who knows where.
     I'm brought out of my thoughts when I hear footsteps. As normal Kilorn meets me at the edge of the forest. He lives with some newbloods in another cottage in the forest so he's also close by. It's nice to have my best friend around.
"Hey," I say greeting him. He gives me a smile but he looks oddly excited and sorta nervous. "What's up with you?" I ask bumping his arm.
"Oh nothing. I just wanted to show you something, so let's hurry up." he says, dragging me along. We break into a run as we go into town.
   As always I get stares from the people. Even though I'm not in the spotlight anymore, I'll always be watched. People know me as the girl that was dead but is now alive and joined the rebellion. And I don't think they realize I hear the disgusting rumors they say about me.
   Kilorn drags me around the corner of a building into an alley. I'm about to ask him where the hell we're going when I stop in my tracks.
   There at the end of the alleyway is Cal. He's wearing simple clothing, a pair of shorts and a button up shirt with a rose in his hand.
   "He's wanted to contact you for weeks now but he's been nervous to if you wanted to see him, so I brought him here. Hope you don't mind." Kilorn whispers to me.
   "It's okay, I don't." I whisper back and take a step towards Cal. He hears me and looks up with that adorable crooked grin. I smile back and then he walks up to me, closing the distance between us.
   "Hey," he says to me. "It's you again."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   That ending sentence is so cheesy and I love it haha. And with that it concludes the story You Again! I'm really happy I finished this story because lots of times when I was writing I was ready to just call it quits but you're guys nice comments and all the votes kept me going so thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay now I can mark this story as complete on the wattpad settings thing!