The Purple Party

I never thought I would be back here as a silver, but after my maid dressed me it suddenly felt so real. I now know one thing for certain. I WILL GET OUT OF HERE.

Mare's POV
I forgot that the king said that the party was in honor of me being alive after "being dead" (I have no what lie the king is going to make up to make that one sound not crazy,) but when I look outside through the huge window in the hallway, you can certainly tell. There is the colors of House Titanos mostly everywhere but there is also lots of black and red showing House Calore colors. I guess this is also an engagement party considering now that I'm back, Maven and I are engaged again.
   "This way, my lady," says my maid as she escorts me to a grand door which leads to I don't know what.
She leaves me there and I almost call back for her since I don't know what to do but I get my answer before I can say anything.
"Lady Mareena  of House Titaions," says a voice from outside the door. That just doubles my confusion and I start going to try to open the door. When it starts coming back towards me. I yelp and scramble away, but I really wish I didn't do that because the door was opening to an outside staircase that leads to the garden. And in the garden was the silvers of the high houses who I'm pretty sure just heard me yelp.
I see the man who said my name is standing at the end of the stairs with a microphone in his hand and is looking at me like I'm crazy. I guess he's not that far off.
I give a shy smile and start walking down the stairs to the party as everyone is watching me. I try to walk as graceful as I can, trying to remember my lessons. At the end of the stairs the announcer kisses my hand and starts talking. When he's not looking I wipe my hand on my dress. "We are all thankful tonight that Lady Titanos is back after being taken away by the order of the wicked queen," I guess the truth works for this situation. That's followed by some clapping and some annoyed faces. The queen obviously still has some supporters. "Now that our guest of honor is here, let the party begin," and with that everyone stops staring at me and music starts playing from speakers sprinkled around the garden.
  "Were you okay up there," I turn around to see Cal looking at me with an amused smile on his face.
  "Oh wipe that smile off your face," I say laughing, "I didn't know the door was going to open and it scared me half to death! Plus I looked like an idiot in front of everyone,"
  "It's okay no one even noticed," he said even though I'm pretty sure he's just saying that to calm me.
I laugh again and then look at anywhere but him. I'm engaged again, I remind myself. And as much as I care about Cal, I care about Maven too and I don't want to do anything to hurt him.
"Well um, I'm going to go find Maven," I say ending our conversation. He looks confused at why I ended our conversation before it even started but he nods his head and goes off. I started looking around for Maven when a light tap was on my shoulder.
I turned around and saw a red servant who looked my age shoving a dessert in my hand and walking away without saying anything. I think about going after her but stop when I look down at the desert she handed me. It's two small sheets of pastry with layer of white cream in the middle. Except there's a peek of red in the middle with the white cream as well. I went to a corner of the garden behind a statue and took off the top layer of pastry. On the cream was the words, "Library, Midnight" written in neat, red icing. I quickly stuff the dessert in my mouth and return to the party.
///
It takes me some time to find Maven but I find him eventually in a hidden corner in the garden, sitting on a bench.
"Hi," I say "Hiding?"
   He just smiles at me and says, "Ya I guess, these things aren't really my thing,"
  "'Me either," I say and sit down beside him on the bench.
  "I've always loved this part of the garden. Mother would never find me here," he says the last party quietly. I don't know how to respond so we both just sit there watching the party from the shadows.
///
   I eventually leave Maven to go back to the party because I guess I should probably be there since the party is in my honor, but really I'm just hungry and want to go to the snack table.
  I'm halfway through a pastry when a girl starts to talk to me.
  "Hi!" she's says cheerfully. I don't think I've ever seen her before. She's silver of course judging by her clothes made of silk. She looks like she's my age and has auburn hair that falls in waves down her shoulders. She's also seems very perky which is the total opposite of me.
   "Hi," I say back and want to walk away but I guess that would be rude.
  "I'm Ivy Nornus. I'm a swift but my family doesn't like court life so we're kinda separated from the rest of our family,"
"Ok," I say because I really don't care.
  "Well it was nice to meet you!" she says and then walks away.
That was weird, I think but shake it off not wanting to think about it.
///
  The party goes on late into the night, never wanting to stop so it's an understatement to say I'm relived when the guards come to escort me and the royals to our room. It's 11 by then and I need to be somewhere at midnight. When I get to the lift I see Cal, Maven, and Evangeline. I'm surprised Evangeline doesn't glare at me like she usually would, she just gives me a glance and looks back towards the party. I lean against the wall of the lift as it starts to go up not prepared for what's to come tonight.