New Beginnings

Elara might be missing but she's left behind a mess in me that will never go away. She for sure has got me haunted.

Mare's POV
  I leave Cal's room after a while to go to the throne room. I don't tell him where I'm going even though he probably knows. I walk to throne room to see the king. The room looks different than it did last night when it was dark and scary looking. Now all the lights are on giving the room a warm glow.
"Miss Barrow, I didn't except to hear from you again," says the king. I don't respond to him, instead looking down at my boots. I almost laugh, it wasn't so long ago that I was in about this same situation.
"Well I can't just get rid of you so you'll be marrying Maven like the original plan. I'll make up some story to what happened to you," he says.
"I guess that might be hard now that you're wife is not here. She was always good at making up lies," I say bitterly. After I said it I probably realized I shouldn't have said it. But I said it anyway.
He just ignored my comment rolling his eyes and saying, "There will be a party tonight for your reunion, you will attend. You have your old guard back, Lucas, he will be at your door and will escort you. That's all for now,"
I leave the throne room and walk slowly back to my room. I can't believe I'm back here again . I thought I was done with this. And now I don't have the Scarlet Guard. There's no getting out now. I spot a bench in the hallway and rush to it, desperate to sit down. I sit on fancy bench and lay my head back on the wall. I close my eyes and take deep breaths calming myself.
"Mare?" says a familiar voice. I open my eyes and see Maven coming towards me. He sits down beside me.
"I'm sorry," he says. He doesn't need to ask to know why I'm upset. I look over at his and see his eyes are puffed from crying. I totally forgot.
"Oh no I'm sorry. About your mother," I say. Even though his mother was insane I know he still loved her and now she's missing and he's probably never going to see her again.
He similes at me and then looks down. We're quiet for a moment before I start talking again.
"I need to get down to my room. I have to get ready for tonight," I say getting up.
"Oh yeah right," he says "I'm sorry again,"
I place a kiss on his cheek and say, "Thank you, for being sorry," and I start going towards my room.
///
I see Lucas at my door and I actually smile for the first time in a while.
"My lady," he says while bowing. I scowl but I don't say anything
"Your friend is leaving now if you want to go say goodbye. I'll escort you there," he says.
"Ok," and he takes me to to Kilorn. He's in a room by the entrance of the palace. All the walls in the rooms are covered with windows so I can see the river from inside.
Kilorn is standing there waiting for me. He's going to go on a ship with some other red servants. I'm surprised the king let him stay when he was apart of the Scarlet Guard but Kilorn told me that Maven said he was a red servant and he helped me find Cal so the king let him stay one day to rest before leaving. Thanks goodness all the other Scarlet Guard members got away and now Kilorn would be back at home where he's safe. We're forced to say our goodbyes quickly and before I know it he's going back to the village and I have to go back to my room to get ready for the party. I wonder what's going to happen with the Scarlet Guard now that Farely's gone.
///
Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I take in a breath. My dress is absolutely gorgeous. It's a black dress covered in red lace and red jewels with lace sleeve coming up to my elbows. It ends at my knees because the party is an outdoor party and it's warm in Archeon tonight. My hair is curled and half of it is pulled back. I was covered in the sliver paint of course. My eyelids were covered in gold dust and I had deep red lipstick. I was wearing House Calore colors representing my marriage to Maven. I never thought I would be back here as a silver, but after my maid dressed me it suddenly felt so real. I now know one thing for certain. I WILL GET OUT OF HERE.