1 - The Fated Meeting

"Here are the keys, sis. Don't lose them...like you always do..." A teenage boy jingled a pair of keys in front of his sister's face.

"Shut up!" The girl snatched the keys from his hands, a smirk crossed his face. "I'm responsible!"

He chuckled with amusement, "Yeah right..." Suddenly the girl hit him on the head, immediately running upstairs boy following in suit. She ran into her new room quickly shutting the door, causing him the bump right into it. He started to bang loudly on it, "Niika! Niika-chan! Open the door!"

"Arata! Stop banging! If mom were here she'd..."

"Well she isn't! And she's not coming for a while now is she?! Now open the door!" Niika leaned against the door.

"Not on your life, Arata-kun!" Arata groaned in frustration, making Niika laugh with satisfaction.

"Fine, but don't come crying to me about wanting dinner tonight!"

"I can cook myself dinner thank you!" Niika yelled to her brother. "Besides, You suck at cooking!"

"Whatever! You can't cook! You can't even use a stove! You're too young for that anyway!"

"I can cook way better than you ever will! I'm only 1 year younger than you! And you're getting held back for classes here anyway!"

"Ah!" Arata screamed and leaned against the door, "Defeated again..." Niika snickered.

"AW! Don't tell me I won...again?"

"Just shut it already." Arata started to walk away from the door, but turned slightly and asked, "Let me know if you need anything." And disappeared down 1 of the hallways of the gigantic new house he and his sister Niika Takashiro just moved into.

Niika sighed and jumped on her bed. "Baka..." Suddenly a flash sparked in Niika mind...

A red-headed boy jumped into the ocean water. He swam for miles until he could go no further. Soon his arms gave in and his ruby red eyes closed as he sunk under. His unconscious body floated limply along the currents, no sign of him awaking...

FLASH!

Niika sprinted up after remembering such a vivid scene.

'That...wasn't a dream...unless I fell asleep for a couple seconds without my knowledge...' She thought as she hugged her knees, 'But...it had to be...I had the same nightmare last night...and the night before...' She ruffled her long brown hair, 'Honestly, what's going on with me?!' She slowly rose from her bed and walk over to her balcony taking in the nighttime ocean view. 'Could it have to do...with this...' Her finger grazed a crescent(moon)-shaped mark on her neck. Her green eyes then glanced to her chest where there was a cross-shaped mark with a couple stars surrounding it. She looked at the full moon, eyes full of worry, 'Furthermore, who was that boy? And what does this all mean?' Suddenly the mark on her neck started to glow, followed by the one on her chest. Niika raised her eyebrows in question, that was until she looked up and over to the ocean below her. She squinted only to see a small red speck floating in the water, then looking closer to see it was the boy from her so-called-dream. He swam against the currents with all of his might, but soon gave up and stopped moving. Niika couldn't just stand by and watch anymore. She grabbed a jacket and jumped off the balcony...landing on some tree limbs, and ran as fast as she could to the island's boarder.

___________________________________________

Not too far away from where Niika would soon arrive, a teenage girl and boy walked across the sand of the island's beach. Embracing in the cool breeze around them, enjoying the moment.