CHAPTER 15- PANG OF JEALOUSY

Umaira woke up in the morning. She sat up on the bed frowning. She sniffed strong aroma of coffee. She wondered if Ibrahim is back. Ibrahim has a spare key and so he could have easily come in. She is excited. Quickly she leaped from the bed. She adjusted her night dress and placed her hair on one side of her shoulder and hurriedly left the room.

'Good morning.' Ibrahim smiled at her. He held two mug of hot steaming coffee. Umaira noticed he is still dressed in his office wear. She smiled widely and rushed to him. She literally pounced

over him, knocking him. Ibrahim stumbled few steps back but managed to stand his ground. Little of the coffee spilled from the mugs.

'Hey!' Ibrahim said smiling, Umaira has her arms tightly around his neck and her legs dangling little from the ground. Ibrahim slowly placed the coffee mugs on the table and held her waist.

'I missed you so much.'

'It was just for one night.' Ibrahim said caressing her waist. Umaira let go of him and he helped her stand.

'Even if it was for one night, I missed you.' Umaira said fidgeting with his shirt button. Ibrahim smiled and placed his palms over hers and kissed her forehead.

'I missed you too. Now, have coffee.' He handed her a coffee mug. Umaira kept looking at him as he led her into the sofa room. They sat together. Umaira had her legs folded and neatly tugged under her while Ibrahim had his legs stretched. He watched the morning news, Umaira watched him.

**************************

Siham is slightly disappointed because Mehran refused to tag along with her. He said he is still tried from yesterday's adventure. It was half-truth, Mehran had wanted to do some office work as well. He knew Siham will be pissed off if she saw him working. He is supposed to be in strict holiday mode. But, being a workaholic he couldn't stop himself from working. Siham alone went for some shopping in a messy square.

Siham was checking out a bottle green fork, 'This colour will suit you.' Siham heard a voice and turned her head. She found a young woman standing beside her. Even though she is dressed in casual white full sleeved shirt, grey half sleeved long cardigan and black jeans matched with white thong slippers and grey socks; with minimal make-up, she looked gorgeous. No less than a model. She held a peach frock, same design.

'Thanks.' Siham said politely.

'You mind if I ask you something?' the young woman asked. Siham looked at her and nodded.

'May I click a photo of you. You look no less than a model.' She said showing her a camera, the strap of the camera dangling from around her neck.

'I am a model.' Siham laughed.

'Really? I am a fashion photographer, Umaira.' The young woman extended her hand.

'Siham.' Siham introduced herself, the two women shook hands.

*******************

Umaira and Siham instantly bonded. Umaira clicked few photos of Siham and then the girls bonded over a cup of coffee and some biscuits. Siham was excited when Umaira said she has been in Milan for last Four years. Umaira promised to take her around for site-seeing.

'I wish I had found you earlier, my fiancé is so boring and stupid.' Siham complained and Umaira giggled.

'Tell me about boring fiancé.' Umaira said and the two girls giggled. Umaira and Siham both were surprised with the co-incidence that the two are connected. Siham is a model in the Milan fashion week and Umaira is one of the photographer for the same.

'Gosh! I can't believe this. It looks like God wanted us to meet.' Siham said. Umaira nodded happily.

'I wish Mehran was here...' Umaira froze walking. Siham kept walking not noticing that Umaira has stopped. Umaira wondered if the Mehran Siham is talking about is her Mehran. She felt uneasy at the thought of it.

Few steps later, Siham turned her head and stopped blabbering noticing Umaira isn't beside her. She turned around and found Umaira standing few steps behind, she had a thoughtful expression on her face.

'Hey! What happened?' Siham called. Umaira shook her head, snapping out from her thought. Surely, he is some other Mehran she is talking about. There are so many Mehrans in this world. Umaira forced a smile and walked with quick steps towards Siham.

**************************

'What the hell? Who was she?' Umaira asked frowning. Mehran turned around flashing a smile hoping Umaira melts. Umaira kept glaring at him tapping her foot impatiently. She bit her lower-lip, she always does this when she is frustrated.

'I was just talking to her.' Mehran said in his defence. It was true. Mehran is in Commerce while Umaira in science department. The girl he was speaking with is Priya Singh, a girl in his class. 'You are talking to her very often these days.' Umaira said eyeing him. Mehran sensed jealously. He smiled, she looks thousand times better when jealous.

'We are teamed up in a project together, bas.' Mehran said. He held her hand but she jerked his hand away.

Mehran sighed 'Arey baba. There is only one girl in my life and that is you and you will always be the only girl in my life.' Mehran said sincerely. He mentally sighed noticing Umaira's expression soften.

'Pakka?' she pouted.

'Pakka.' Mehran said pinching his throat. Umaira smiled and held his hand.

'And there is only one boy in my life, you.... and only you will be the only boy in my life.' Umaira said sincerely. Mehran smiled and kissed the back of her palms, Umaira blushed.

'I love you.' he whispered

'I love you too.' She confessed.

********************************

'You live here?' Umaira is brought back to the present as the cab halted in front of her apartment. She turned her head to her side, Siham's pretty face beamed at her. Umaira nodded. 'Great! I will try to force my fiancé to come meet you.' Siham chirped. Umaira didn't respond. She isn't keen to meet Siham's fiancé, she feared if the fiancé is the Mehran she knew then she, herself doesn't know how she will react, how will she feel?

'Okay, then see you at Milan Fashion week.' Umaira said.

'Okay, bye.' Umaira is surprised when Siham hugged her warmly. Umaira hesitated for few seconds and hugged her back. They bid their good-byes.

Umaira watched the cab drive away, a storm brewing inside her. For some reason, she felt upset thinking about Mehran being Siham's fiancé.