CHAPTER 49 - REALIZATION

Umaira couldn't sleep that night. Her mind wandering to Mehran. He was drunk and she is sure he must have drunk more. She lay on her back staring at the ceiling. She silently prayed he is fine. She closed her eyes, tears fell from the corner of her eyes. She shouldn't have left him like that. He must have been devastated with the news plus he was drunk, else he wouldn't have spoken the way he spoke. She shouldn't have ignored him and been more patient with him. Once again, she became impulsive.

Damn! She shifted to her side and stared at her camera that lay on the bedside table, 'I know how you are feeling Mehran. I am not happy with this either. You know I love you...but I guess it's not in our fate to be together.' She said sadly. Umaira looked at her camera and something snapped inside her head, she has clicked Mehran's photos back in the reception.

She hurriedly climbed down her bed, gets her laptop. She connects her camera with the laptop and quickly browses through the photos. She paused and zoomed at his photo. Her heart fell seeing his hurt face, the sadness and anger in his eyes. She leaned forward, her eyes brimmed with tears and her fingers trembled as she touched his photo. She smiled sadly as she caressed his photo.

'I love you.' she whispered kissing her finger tips that had touched his photo. Umaira lay down with her laptop to her side, she stared at his photo silently crying.

'I am so sorry.' She sobbed. Even looking at his photo she felt close to him, like he is there with her, lying beside her. She placed her palm covering her mouth as she cried.

She cried herself to sleep, her laptop still on paused on his face.

************************

TRING...TRING...

Umaira's mother opened the door. Ibrahim beamed from the other side. He greeted her politely. Mrs. Siddique is over excited to see him. Ibrahim also greets Umaira's father, Mr. Siddique. 'Umaira is still sleeping. Go and wake her up and join us for breakfast.' Mrs. Siddique said. Ibrahim is more than happy.

Ibrahim smiled looking at Umaira sleep peacefully. He walked towards her and admired her. She looked so innocent, cute, and even more beautiful as she slept. The sun rays peeking from behind the curtains enhanced her beauty. Ibrahim noticed her laptop is in sleep mode. He went to the other side and picked up her laptop, it switched on. Umaira had never kept any security code, so last night's opened tab came out. Mehran zoomed and paused photo popped up.

'Mo-Mom...switch off the lights...five more...minutes...'Umaira yawned stretching in her bed, her eyes closed. Ibrahim pressed his lips tightly, looking away from the screen and at Umaira. Umaira frowned on getting no response from her mother. Her eyes widened and her sleep flew out of the window when she looked at Ibrahim standing at the bed side, holding her laptop. She realized that he saw Mehran's photo.

'Ibr-Ibrahim...you...here?' she stammered quickly standing up. Ibrahim placed her laptop on the table and took a step closer to her, she looked at him frightened.

'Why? You were expecting someone else?' Ibrahim said menacingly.

'Huh!' Umaira is surprised with his tone and his sentence. He had never used such tone before. Ibrahim was caring, protective but never possessive or insecure. But then how does she expect him to react seeing his fiancé watching some other man whole night, even though it's virtually. 'I...didn't know...you will come here....' Umaira stopped speaking when Ibrahim held her arm, he made her look at him.

'Get ready! We are going to spend some quality time together.' He said tugging her arm harshly. She winced, nevertheless, nodded.

'Good!' he said kissing her forehead. Umaira squeezed her eyes tightly. He left stating he is waiting with her parents at the dining table.