24: Cupid

I sat at the table eating lunch with Egon and Ray. Peter and Winston were out doing something else, but what they were doing, well I was never told. I didn't look up from my food until I heard Janine call for Ray. Ray was done by then, has we all were. He stood up and said he'll be back in a second and looked down at Janine. 

"Yes?" he asked her. 

"There's someone here to see you," she told him, and he looked at us. 

"Did you two ask someone to come here?" he asked and Egon shock his head. 

"No," I answered looking at Egon. "We didn't." 

"Then who could it be?" he asked and then looked at me. "Natalie, will you come down with me?" 

"Sure," I said getting up, Egon doing the same. Ray walked down the stairs fast, leaving me alone to walk towards them with my brother. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him and he looked at me. 

"You really want to know?" he asked and I smiled. 

"More of where you are heading." 

"The basement. I have to check a few things. I-" 

"Don't want details, lil bro," I told him and I saw Ray talking with a woman.She had long, straight hair, brown eyes, and her skin was a nice shade. Her shirt was a purplish-pink color, maybe magenta, but I wasn't sure. She had jeans on and was smiling at Ray. I looked at Egon who was also looking at the woman, clearly knowing who she was. 

"Who is that?" I whispered to him. 

"Ellen," he whispered back. "The real Ellen." 

"Are you sure?" I wasn't to trusting of anyone who claimed to be Ellen. Egon took out the meter and took a scan of the area. 

"Only ghost here is Slimer," he answered showing me the readings. He was right, and I smiled. I walked over trailed by Egon and Ray looked up at us. 

"Oh, um, Ellen, you know Egon, and this is Natalie," he said, put pointed at me when he said Egon and at Egon when he said my name. "I mean Egon and Natalie," he said getting it right, blushing, and making me laugh. 

"It's nice to see you again Egon," she told him laughing also. "It's also nice to meet you Natalie. I came has soon has I heard that a ghost attacked Ray using my name. I couldn't believe it!" 

"We couldn't either," I told her smiling. "Not everyday I am told that the woman I thought I meant turns out to be a big phony." 

"I understand that. So Ray, I wanted to ask you-" She was interrupted by Janine telling us that we had a ghost in Central Park. Ray looked at Ellen and smiled at her. 

"You can ride with us if you want," he told and she nodded. We walked to Ecto 1 before Janine yelled at us. 

"Hey!" she called making us look up. She smiled. "Can I go too?" 

"Sure," Egon answered and Janine smiled and ran over to get in the car. The guys sat up front, leaving the girls in the back.  We talked until the park was in view. We walked in, Ellen and Janine staying behind us, not wanting to be hurt by the ghost. We saw it, and it looked a lot like... 

"Isn't that Cupid?" Ellen asked, looking at  the baby shooting arrows at a man and woman. It laughed when it hit them, and Egon whipped out his meter. 

"It's a class nine," he told Ray and I. "We'll have to be careful when we go after it." 

"Oh, Egon, I'm sure you have a plan," Janine said looking at him. He nodded and whispered for us to slowly go forward, to not make a sound. We did, and we were almost in the perfect spot to start shooting when Ellen tripped. She called out in shock, and Cupid looked over. It grinned at us and I looked at Egon. 

"Any plans now?" I asked him. 

"Yes," he answered. "Run!" 

We took his advice. We ran until we hit a fountain and were out of breath. The thing still didn't leave us alone, and took out two of its arrows. It let them fly and I saw one hit Ray and one hit Ellen. I didn't see that it had strung two more arrows until I saw Egon and Janine be hit also. It laughed and disappeared, seeing that I was the only one left. I ran over to Ray and Egon who were standing by each other. 

"Ray!" I cried his name. "Egon! Are you two okay?" I asked, but when they looked up, the totally ignored me. Ray ran over to Ellen and Egon ran over to Janine. What happened next was a bit awkward, so to speak. Well the only thing you need to know is that two sets of people started to suck each other's face in. Not a pretty sight, mostly since one of them was my brother. 

"Ugh, gross!" I called out when they started to say sappy things to each other. "Why me?" 

I sighed and made them go back to the car, hoping to find a way to fix these mess. I hope that Peter and Winston will be there. We are going to need all the help we can get! 

Yay, finally something I knew what to write on! Haha, so here is the start of a 2-3 part special for Valintene's Day! I hope you all enjoy it, and I kind of hope that you all enjoy it. Also to clear it up, Egon and Janine are now, forced (maybe), in love, and so is Ray and Ellen. Isn't this going to be somebodies favorite chapter (Nikki) at the moment! Haha, it's mine too. So let me know what you think, picture of Egon looking lovingly at Janine since, once again, under a spell. So vote, comment, and follow! Peace out my Stars!