35: Ruby Wells

I sat with the others playing cards. Mom had left and Egon and I were feeling much better. Our skin wasn't like ice anymore, and Egon was doing better with coping with what he saw. So the guys finally let us get back to work, which they really needed us. We've been on five bust already, and we were waiting on the sixth. 

"I still can't believe you keep winning," Peter told me, and I smiled. I was winning, and it was fun watching their faces when I did. "I bet you have something up your sleeve." 

"Nothing," I said pulling my sleeves up to my shoulder. He just glared at me. 

"You have to be cheating somehow." 

"I'm not." 

"Peter, can't you just let her win in peace?" Winston asked him. I smiled. 

"No, I can't," Peter answered. 

We all looked up when Janine pulled the alarm and we went downstairs. Sitting at Janine's desk was an old women who looked upset about something. Her once black hair was now mixed with grey. Her green eyes looked up at us, pale skin looking scared. 

"We have a case," Janine told us and the woman stood up. 

"You are the Ghostbusters?" she asked us, and Ray nodded. 

"Yes ma'am, we are," Winston told her. "What can we help you with?" 

"You see I have this manor," she started to tell us. "My name is Ruby Wells, and the manor is Well's Manor. I've been living in that house since I was a little girl, and it's always been haunted. Yet now the ghost are started to become cruel. They never bothered anyone before, but it seems that anyone who come into the house is cursed or something. Once they leave, they get better." 

"What kind of things happen to your guest and yourself?" Egon asked her. 

"Dishes speed at their heads, doorknobs break, things like that. Once a room turned upside down on them. It's getting worse and worse. I want you to get rid of the ghost. I'll pay the fee, whatever it is." 

"We're having a sale," Peter told her. "For this job we will only charge you for one ghost. How does that sound?" 

"I'll pay however many ghost there are, it does not matter," Ruby told us, and I smiled. 

"We insist that you take the deal," I told her, and she smiled. 

"Aren't you all so sweet?" 

"It's the least we can do," Winston said, then we got our gear on. "We'll try to keep the damage down. Till then you can stay here and Janine will take care of you." 

"Thank you all very much," Ruby said with a smile. We got the address and drove to Wells Manor. Once I saw it I had to whistle. It was a large brick building that looked hundreds of years old. The windows were a little dusty, and it did look like one of those homes you would see on the cover of a horror book. It was three stories tall with an attic, and when we walked through the door shut with a loud bang! 

"It was probably just the wind," Ray laughed and we agreed. Then all the open windows and doors shut with a loud sound and such force that it shock the house. 

"I don't think that was the wind Ray," I told him and then a plate flew at Egon's head. He ducked, but that didn't stop the glass from being flung at us. 

"What do we do now?" Winston asked Egon. Egon looked at his meter, and then sighed. 

"Split up," he answered. "I'm getting many readings about ghost, and I think that would be the best thing to do. Ray, Winston, Peter, you three stay down here, and stay close. These are deadly ghost, and we don't want to loss each other. Nat and I will go to the second story and see if there is anything up there. We'll meet back here and then check the attic and the thrid floor." 

"Got it," Peter said and they walked off. I followed Egon up the stairs since he had the meter out, he lead the way. 

"Are you getting anything?" I asked him and he nodded. 

"It should be close," he answered and pointed to the door. "It's in there." 

"Then lets go," I said taking out my wand. Egon did the same and before we opened the door a tentacle come out and grabbed Egon by the waist. 

"Natalie!" he called and I blasted the thing and it let him go. I was facing a squid like blob of green in a room. It had big, yellow eyes and a beak like mouth. It didn't look pretty, and it didn't look happy. 

"Alright smart guy," I told Egon helping him up, "what do we do?" 

"Run!" he yelled and we both ran to the door. We were in a library or study, and the door was far away from where the ghost was. We ran through the door and down the hall. I was close to Egon when his feet were tied and he fell. I tripped over him and fell also. I looked at his legs, and the ghost was slowly wrapping Egon up like a mummy. 

"Egon!" I cried and tried to get the tentacle off of him. It didn't work, and then Egon was being pulled down the hall. I grabbed his hands and tried to keep him from going. It didn't work. I watched has Egon was pulled into the dark hallway, yelling my name. 

I stood up and walked slowly to where Egon was just at. I tried to see what was going on, but didn't see the dark green arm come until it was wrapped firmly around me. I was pulled just like Egon, and I saw him again. We were a about twenty feet above the ground and I looked over to Egon. The ghost was taking us somewhere, but I didn't know where. 

"Egon," I called over and he looked over. 

"Yes?" he asked, but I heard a door open. I looked down to see a trap door open, and both of us were over it. It was clear the thing was going to drop us down into the black square, and I wasn't sure I was going to like it. 

"You're an idiot!" I yelled since this was his fault. The green was gone from our waist, and screaming we fell into the dark. 

Ugh I hate being sick! My stomach is killing me, and I don't like it! So here is the first chapter of the little plot line I promised you. I hope you like it and that it fills your action needs up a bit. Nothing on the side since I don't feel good enough to look for stuff. Peace out my Stars!