29: I Love You

Egon was doing something on the other side of a the cage. I was watching him, his arms moving to one side to the other. I couldn't figure out what he was doing. I walked over to see what it was, but the way he was sitting didn't allow me to see what it was without sitting next to him. I sighed and sat next to him, making him look up. I looked in his hands to see paper in them. 

"What is that?" I asked him, and he looked back down at it, and I saw that it was old news papers. 

"I was just reading," he answered and I smiled. Of course he was. 

"What is it about?" 

"The market crash. Nothing fairly interesting at all. I just wish I had something to do besides read old clippings and talk to you." 

"I thought you liked talking to me." 

"I do, but we will eventually run out of things to talk about. We can't very much go out and find things to talk about." 

"You know you can be a real downer when you don't even think about it." 

"I do?" 

"At times." 

"Sorry." 

"No you're not." 

"You're right, I'm not." 

"Did you just make a joke?" I asked looking at his smile. His smile turned into a grin, and I laughed. "My little brother just made a joke. There must be a first for everything." 

"Now you are making jokes." 

"That isn't strange, I do that all the time. You don't." 

"Alright then. So what were you doing?" 

"I was coming over to see what you were doing. Oh, you were right." 

"You would think that after all these years you would learn not to be so surprised when I am right." 

"Shut up!" I laughed pushing him a bit. He laughed and smiled at me. We sat there for a while, not saying anything. I sighed and looked at him for a few moments. He was watching the door, maybe hoping that Ligen would come and give us something worth doing. I closed my eyes, and I pushed his arm again, and he looked at me. "Do you remember that game we used to play when we were kids?" I asked. 

"We played a lot of games," he answered. 

"The one were I asked you a question and you answered honestly, and then you did the same to me." 

"Yes. Why?" 

"I think we should play it again. You know, to get our minds off of how much time we have on our hands." 

"Do we have to?" 

"No, but come one Egon. Do you want to speed all your time watching the door?" 

"Not really. Fine. You first." 

"You always make me go first," I said laughing. I looked at him and thought about it. "Do you like Janine? The way she likes you, has in love?" 

"What kind of a question is that?" 

"Answer it!" 

"I do. The moment I saw her I felt something. I just don't let my feelings out easily, has you should know." 

"I do. Your turn." 

"What was the last thing you were thinking about when you were killed by the book?" 

"Janine and Louis, the guys, my family. I thought about how much I was going to miss them. How hurt they were going to be. What were you thinking when you saw me?" 

"I..." 

"You what?" I asked taking his arm in my hand. He looked away, and for a second I thought he was going to saw something that was going to hurt me. 

"I cried." 

"What?" 

"I cried when I saw that you were dead. It wasn't something I wanted to see, and it hurt that my sister was dead and I couldn't save her." 

"Egon, are you okay?" I asked, trying to see his face. He wouldn't look at me for some reason. 

"No. I'm not. You could be hurt again, and there won't be anything I can do to save you. I don't know why I ever thought I could handle you having this job. It hurts too much to see you go out and try to save people when you yourself are at risk. I'm sorry." 

"Egon," I said, placing both hands on his shoulders, "calm down. I know it hurts. I have to watch you do the same thing every single day. It's a dangerous job, but we have to face that. I'll be alright, and I know you will be too. We can't stop every single thing that comes to hurt one another. We just have to face it. At least we will know that we have each other and I know that you won't stop till you have me safe again. You gave me a kidney for crying out loud."  

"Natalie, I love you."  

I blinked a bit. I haven't heard Egon tell me he loved me in a long time. I knew he did, but he didn't' say it too often. His blue eyes looked at me for so long, I just stared into them. I knew he meant it, and that my words made him tell me that so I didn't forget. I guess I had to return the favor. I myself didn't tell him often how I felt. Something I have in common with my brother, I didn't share all my feelings too well. I did it better, but I was still more to myself than people like. 

"I love you Egon," I told him and hugged him. He hugged back, and I felt him sigh in relief. I guess sometimes we aren't sure if the people we love truly love us until they tell us. Just like Egon and I. I truly love my brother, and he loves me back. 

Nikki, I promise to buy you a boat, haha! xD So I would like to do something a little different. Well kind of. I'm going to tell you more about what Natalie looks like, and to do this I'm going to use a picture of Egon! Picture I am using on the side. Let's see, same hair and eye color. Skin is about the same, but Natalie's is just a little darker. Not so much you can tell from far away, and even up close it is hard to tell. Her hair is about up to her middle/lower back area, and of course she wears glasses. Her glasses are a little more ovalish and are purple instead of the circle, red glasses of Egon. Their faces are pretty much the same, besides the fact that Natalie doesn't have Egon's dimple. They are the same height, but Natalie is an inch or two off, but still in that relative area. And the obvious one is that she is a girl, so you all can figure the rest of her out, but she is an identical twin to Egon. I realize that some of you might not really know much about the differences, so there you go. I really should have done this sooner, oh well. All I got to say. Peace out my Stars!