56: Getting Back On My Feet

I was brushing my hair that was wet. It's been a month, and I guess I'm still upset that my twin brother had a chance to be taken from me. I don't want Egon to be killed because he had to save me. I sighed and sat back down, wiping the tears that I haven't been able to stop since we learned the news. 

"Hi," someone said sitting next to me. I looked up and saw Egon looking at me. He was smiling for some odd reason. He seemed okay with the fact that one day he was going to watch the world be destroyed, all by his hands. 

"Hi," I sobbed. 

"I would ask what's wrong, but I already know what it is," he told me. I sighed and placed my head in his shoulder. He didn't say a word to stop me since I was going to do it even if he did. 

"I just don't know how to deal with the fact that you could be hurt," I replied. He laughed. 

"Now who sounds like me?" 

"You seem to be in a good mood today," I told him eyeing him like he was going to kill me. He shrugged and held up a box. It was red and looked like it was going to someone special. So either Janine or I. 

"It might be because today is the day that Janine agreed to be our secretary."  

"So this is the day you meant her," I sighed putting everything together. "Egon, that's so sweet! Is that from you or all the guys?" 

"From me. We all chipped in and bought something for her." 

"I don't remember doing that." 

"I kind of took some money that you gave me when you were trapped in the book. We used that." 

"So what did get her?"  I asked him. He laughed. 

"You got her a new charm bracelet  and I got her perfume," he said opening it so I could see it. It looked like her favorite brand. She was going to love it, even more since it was coming from Egon. 

"She'll love it," I told him has he closed the box. 

"I know," he sighed. Something was bothering me. "Natalie, you know I would never hurt you, right?" 

"Of course," I answered. "Why?" 

"Ligen," he answered. "If he uses my body, then he won't need a use for you to be alive. If he doesn't need you alive then he will more then likely kill you personally. Yet it'll be my body. I don't want to think about it, but you know that..." he looked at his hands, not able to finish the sentence. 

"Egon, can we not talk about this?" I asked him looking at my knees. 

"Sure. Come on, we have a party to go to." 

"Ugh, I hate parties," I sighed standing up. I still didn't like parties even almost two years of being taken from the mayor's party to Ligen's throne room. Egon rolled his eyes and lead me down to see Janine eating cake that was for her. She looked up and smiled at me, a charm bracelet on. The few charms I saw were a phone, a little shoe, and the Ghostbuster's logo. There were more, but I didn't see them. 

"Nat, you have to try this cake!" she cried making me laugh. I sat down and took a piece of it. I took a bit, tasting the warm taste on my lips. I sighed and looked at them. 

"Where did you get this?" I asked the guys. 

"That bakery we got that ghost out of last week," Winston answered. I knew the place, just not the name. 

"Well we should bust more ghost there if they are giving us cake for it!" I laughed at them. 

"Well I think that is up to the ghost," Ray told me. We were all laughing. 

"Guys, this is the best party I have ever had," Janine sighed. "But the best gift was from Egon." 

"What was that?" Egon asked. I didn't think the perfume was it, nor did anyone else. 

"Freeing Natalie," she answered. I smiled at her. 

"It was the best gift I got from him," I told her. "The music box a close second." 

"While it isn't really a gift, Nat being free from the book is also a great gift for me," Egon sighed. "If only it didn't call for me to be used." 

"Hey, we won't let that happen," Peter told him. "Never." 

"Thanks guys," he smiled at them. We all sat down, talking and eating cake. It was an amazing day. I think I was doing a good job at getting back on my feet. It's all I had to do to get over my time with Ligen. I knew I could. 

So here's the next chapter. I think it wasn't the best, but I have a huge headache. I'll try to get back into the swing of things, but give me a bit. Funnier chapters to come!