Chapter 8: The Seminar part 1

Hiccup and Astrid had donned their costumes and then along with Toothless piled into Hiccup's car. They were now driving along farmland and Hiccup looked questioningly at Astrid. "Are you sure we are heading in the right direction?"

"Yes. It should be around here." Astrid stated. "They moved it to a remote area after the Titans crashed the get together three years ago."

"There's the entrance!" Astrid suddenly said as she pointed to a dilapidated barn.

"Eh okay." Hiccup said as he pulled into the overgrown area and drove into the barn. "Now what?"

Astrid rolled down her window and pressed a rusted looking button on a pillar. "Dr. Hofferson and Night Fury here."

Hiccup looked confused at Astrid before a mechanical voice replied "Roger that."

Toothless who had been lazing on the backseat snapped his head up and looked around wildly as the floor began rumbling.

"Woah" Hiccup said as they descended. They stopped in what seemed to be a gigantic parking garage and Hiccup drove off the platform which rose back up. There were a whole lot of cars and some busses already parked and people were walking to what seemed to be the entrance which was decorated with lights.

After finding a parking spot Hiccup, Astrid and Toothless headed in that direction as well. "Astrid are you sure that me coming here is alright?" Hiccup asked as he payed for the entry tickets.

"Don't you worry Hiccup." Astrid assured. "They like you so everything is fine. Also this place is neutral territory. There are even villains here who turned good." As Astrid said that she pointed out those coming out of a blue hovercraft. "I'm sure you recognize them."

"That's Dr. Drakken and Shego." Hiccup mumbled as he nodded. He remembered watching the award ceremony on TV.

"Yup" Astrid said as she proceeded to hold his hand as they stepped inside. Hiccup's eyebrows shot up as he took in the sights.

"Astrid this isn't a seminar, it's a whole convention!!" Hiccup exclaimed as he looked at the large underground space filled with booths and what not.

They walked past several booths. Some of them caught Hiccup's eye like 'Hero repellant', 'Ray guns R' us', 'Hench Co'. Hiccup began looking through the program they received at the gate and raised a brow at some of these events.

"Are these actually happening?" Hiccup asked as he pointed to some which read 'So you're a villain still living in your mother's basement' or 'Villainous brunch for the hungry warlord'. There were even ones titled 'Lair decoration' and 'Metaphysical power demonstrations'.

"I've been meaning to check out Lair decorations." Astrid said as she looked up the time. "Megs will probably be there as well."

"Megs?" Hiccup asked.

"A fellow scientist. You two should get along fine. He actually became a hero last year and is bringing his girlfriend along."

"AAAH" was yelled and Hiccup whirled around to see a fuming woman walking away from a man in a toga with flaming blue hair.

"Persephone! Sweetheart! Wait please!" The man begged as he rushed after the woman.

Astrid rolled her eyes. "That's just Hades and Persephone. She slaps him nearly every year. Honestly he should have learned by now not to blow kisses at the spear display and ignore his wife."

"....eh... Okay." Hiccup said as he and Toothless followed after Astrid.

"Astrid, Hiccup" Was soon called from a crowd as Heather, dressed in a dark blue revealing gown, made her way over to them. "So glad you could make it. The girls are already here. Come on."