Side story 5

Hiccup hummed as he pulled out a tray of freshly baked muffins from the oven. Toothless sat in the kitchen and let out a whine upon seeing the sweets.

"Alright allright" Hiccup said as Toothless gave him the 'innocent dragon eyes'. He tossed the dragon, who was growing really fast, two muffins. Toothless happily gobbled them up and then continued to watch Hiccup curiously.

The doorbell rang a little while later and Hiccup went to answer it. Astrid stood on the other side and gave him a kiss on the lips as a greeting. "Evening babe" she said before she came inside and gave Toothless, who was poking his head out, a scratch.

"Something smells nice." Astrid said as she sniffed the air.

"I just finished the muffins." Hiccup told her as he saw her lick her lips. "The others should be here shortly."

Astrid hummed as she snatched a muffin from the tray. "You just can't wait can you?" Hiccup laughed as Astrid gave him a sheepish look.

"What can I say. Your cooking rocks." Astrid told him. "The muffins however do give me a new idea."

"Don't tell me you're going to make exploding muffins now." Hiccup sighed in exasperation. "You got enough exploding candy."

"I was thinking more like a gas grenade." Astrid mumbled as she took another bite.

It was then that the doorbell rang again. Hiccup went to open the door and saw that their friends had arrived.

Greetings were exchanged as their friends placed the food and drinks they had brought on the table.

"Alvin you are going to make me fat." Hook told him as he eyed the casserole on the table.

"You could use some fattening up!" Alvin replied back with a laugh.

"Oh leave boo alone Alvin." Ursula admonished as she and her sister placed bottles of various liquor on the bar.

Soon the room was filled with all sorts of villains, including Astrid's parents and sister. Heather and her brother came, as did Alvin and his gang, Dr. Robotnik, Jafar, Captain Hook, and of course Yzma and Kronk were some of those present. Hiccup was glad that he had opted for a large house, with lots of double doors, as he really had no idea how big Toothless was going to become.

There was another knock on the door and this time Astrid, who was closer, answered it. On the other side stood Stoick, Gobber and the heroes. Their eyebrows shot up at the assortment of villains and their mouths hung open. "Well don't just stand there gathering flies." Astrid admonished as she hald the door open.

The villains all looked at them, and Snotlout's cat ears twitched at the attention, before going back to their conversations. If the heroes played nice then so would the villains.

"Now this is a party!" The twins exclaimed as they greeted everybody.

"Well, I honestly didn't think you guys would come." Hiccup said as he came to greet them.

"Nonsense laddie" Gobber laughed and clapped him on the back. "You told us you had something important to tell us." Hiccup nodded as a goofy smile adorned his face. He then turned to his father who was looking a bit like a fish out of water between all these villains.

"So you heard from mom yet?" Hiccup asked and Stoick nodded.

"Aye, she should be back from China in a month." His father said as Astrid handed him a cocktail which was suspiciously smoking.

"You need to take the edge off." Was all Astrid said as she went back to mixing drinks with Yzma.

"Is.... this edible?" Stoick asked looking at the multicolored smoking cocktail in his hand suspiciously.