Side story 4

Astrid looked nervously at the at her old High School as Hiccup parked the car. "Oh why am I doing this again?" She muttered as she saw various guests walk excitedly towards the entrance. "I'm literally going to be walking into a room full of people who bullied and teased me."

"You know, we could just go somewhere else if you don't want to." Hiccup suggested.

"No, it's alright Hiccup." Astrid said. "It wasn't all bad. I'm at least hoping to catch up with some friends from the chemistry club and seeing some of my old teachers again."

Hiccup got out of the car and opened the door for Astrid while offering her his hand. He then shut the door and set the alarm. Hiccup and Astrid walked arm in arm through the entrance and up to a lady who was checking invitations.

"Name and invitation please." She asked not really looking up. Astrid fished around in her purse and pulled out a black, gold lettered card.

"Astrid Hofferson." She said and then the lady at the table stiffened and quickly looked up before blanching.

"A....Astrid Hofferson" The lady, who Astrid now recognized as one of the former student council members, repeated her name shakily before looking at her list and handing the invitation back. "W....Welcome to the r....reunion." She then stammered. "Y....You and your date have a pleasant evening."

Astrid took the invitation back as Hiccup quirked an eyebrow. "What inspired that reaction?" He asked. "I thought people teased you here."

"Beats me." Astrid shrugged as she led Hiccup down the hall towards the gymnasium. "I did give back as good as I got though." She said offhandedly.

"That explains it." Hiccup murmured and stopped walking when Astrid did.

"Oh they put in a pool." She exclaimed while pointing to the indoor pool that they passed.

"They didn't have one when you went here?"

"No, that was where I tested my first explosive." Astrid stated proudly. "I'm glad they put that crater to good use."

"Aaaand that explains it even more." Hiccup mumbled.

They soon reached the gymnasium and Astrid gasped when the doors opened. The entire gym had been decorated lavishly. Tables and a buffet table stood to the side while the middle was used as a dance floor. People were milling about greeting each other and some even showing off pictures.

Astrid smiled when she saw her old principle walking about. "Oh Mr. Sanders!!" Astrid called and the old man stiffened. Hiccup noticed a shudder go through the man as he turned and saw Astrid.

"Ms. Hofferson!!" The old principal squeaked as heads now turned in their direction. Some who recognized Astrid, stared with wide eyes as they began to whisper to each other.

"Good to see you again Mr. Sanders." Astrid said as she and Hiccup approached the man. "May I introduce my fiance Hiccup." Astrid said as Hiccup gave the man a handshake.

"Pleasure to meet you." The old man said and then turned to Astrid. "You've caught quite a fearless one. Also please refrain from blowing up my office again."

"Sure thing Mr. Sanders." Astrid chirped as she and Hiccup continued into the room. They found a table and Hiccup went to get some punch for Astrid.

"Wade?" Hiccup asked as he approached the refreshment table only to see Deadpool nonchalantly leaning against the wall with a sombrero on his head. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh Hi. You know me. Just eating this churro." Deadpool exclaimed as he greeted Hiccup. "Fabulous tux by the way."

Hiccup gave Deadpool a look that said he was not convinced. "The others send you to spy didn't they?" He deadpanned.