Chapter 16

Hiccup had needed that laugh. He chuckled again as the image was still stuck in his head. "You are devious." Hiccup whispered before he gave Astrid a kiss.

"Like you aren't." Astrid whispered as she leaned closer. She was about to return the kiss when the door of Hiccup's bedroom was being banged on.

"Hiccup! Astrid! You have got to hear this! We have an emergency!" Was yelled by Fishlegs who stood on the other side. Hiccup and Astrid opened the door and saw Fishlegs nervously wringing his hands.

"What's wrong?" Hiccup asked as they walked back to the living room. He saw everybody in the room hunched over the phone that Dagur was holding. Stoick had been freed and was pinching his brows in frustration.

"It's been playing in a loop for a few minutes." Fishlegs explained as Dagur handed him the phone.

"Greetings all" Came the voice from Drago over the phone. "Now that I have gotten your attention. I would like to make you all aware that the Hero Association has fallen." Drago's image was zoomed out and Hiccup's eyes widened as he could see the various heroes and sidekicks along with Gobber trapped in giant tubes. "This message goes out to the Chief of the Association. Deliver your son and his dragon to the location given below and your precious subordinates shall live to see another day."

"It's been playing in a loop on all channels. Even the villain ones and they are pretty heavily encrypted." Eret explained. "Drago certainly has the equipment to pull off a stunt like this."

"Wait, villains have their own movie channels?" Snotlout asked perplexed.

"No duh!" Dagur stated. "Where else can we watch The Young and Evil?!"

"How the hell did Drago get through security?!" Hiccup asked angrily as he handed Dagur the phone back.

"Probably the same way we did when we kidnapped the Chief." The twins answered.

"But the locks are biometric." Hiccup muttered. "The only way he could have gotten in is if someone let him in."

"No one in the Association would do that." Stoick countered.

"They didn't need to." Hiccup argued. "If Drago is behind the disappearance of the Terror Squad then he would already be able to waltz into the building."

Stoick had to agree that Hiccup did have a point there. Hiccup meanwhile wasted no time as he turned his TV on.

"Hiccup this isn't time to watch TV!" Snotlout admonished only to be ignored. The screen came to life and Hiccup used the infra red keyboard to select an application that had an old style movie camera on it.

"Hiccup what does that do?" Astrid asked as she watched curiously.

"I'm just taking a peek at the security footage from HQ for the last few hours." Hiccup explained.

"How is that even possible?!" Stoick now asked. "The firewalls alone should be impenetrable."

"You forgot that I helped Gobber design the surveillance system didn't you. I have a backdoor into the system." Hiccup explained casually as he scrolled through the feeds from the past few hours. He raised a brow as he finally saw Astrid's cotton candy bombs in action. "Damn" He muttered as people were caught in the candy. He saw the twins munch their way through and then leave with Chicken and a bound Stoick fifteen minutes later. The feeds showed those in the office beginning to clean up the candy, some even secretly eating it. The clean up continued when several heroes turned in one direction before being flung back by fireballs.

"Hold on." Hiccup said as he played the feed from the outer entrance around the same time. It showed Drago and his minions approaching with the Terror Squad leading.

"They don't look much like hostages." Heather commented as those saw the door open and Drago and his men waltzing inside.

Stoick's mouth hung open as he watched the events. He just couldn't believe what had happened.

"I don't think Drago counted on your father being gone." Astrid suddenly commented as all eyes turned towards her. "Think about it. Drago wants both you and Toothless if he wasn't aware of how you were treated then he must have concluded that the easiest way to get to you was through your father."

Hiccup pursed his lips before he stood up. "Hiccup where are you going?" Astrid asked as she saw Hiccup take out his armor from behind the china cupboard. "Wait, that's where you keep it?"

"Last place anyone would look." Hiccup shrugged.

"How is that the last place anyone would look?" Stoick asked as he frowned.

"Do you want to touch grandma's good china?" Hiccup asked as he smirked when his father shuddered and shook his head.

"You didn't answer my question Hiccup." Astrid siged. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to end this." Hiccup answered. "I'm gonna make Drago regret making this personal."

"Hiccup don't you dare!" Stoick now shouted. "I will not allow you to hand yourself over!! You should leave this to us."

"Who said anything about handing myself over." Hiccup grumbled as he crossed his arms. "I'm going to destroy Drago's lair and make him regret even thinking about coming within 20 feet of me with a sanitized pole."

"Hiccup you are now a civilian!" Stoick argued. "I can't allow you to go to that location. This is a job for us heroes."

Hiccup rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to the location that Drago specified." He grumbled. "I'm heading straight to his lair."

"Hiccup I will not allow you to-" Stoick argued but Hiccup cut him off.

"When will you listen!" Hiccup now roared. "I'm going straight to the lair. The location Drago gave is-" But Hiccup stopped mid rant when Stoick moved fast and knocked him out with a blow to the back.

"Sorry son but I can't have you walk into a trap." Stoick said apologetically as he handed Hiccup to Astrid and Dagur. He then turned to Fishlegs, the twins and Snotlout. "Get ready we'll be taking our comrades back!"