Chapter One

Bright light pierces through my eyelids. "Time to get up." I am suddenly enveloped in cold as my Grandmother strips my blankets off the bed. Letting out a groan of irritation, I yank the pink sheet from her hands and drape it over my body and face, begging for more sleep. She lets out a breath and walks to other side of the room, taking my shirt before she leaves to iron it. After regaining my composure under the warm blankets, I slowly slide my head out from underneath. Groggily, I sit myself up and look over the contents of my room. Always the same...

Then it hits me what I was even getting up for in the first place. School. The third week of my Freshman year in high school. I realize that I am probably the only kid in the world who enjoys every aspect of school. Down to the last essay. Quickly I scramble out of bed and walk down the hallway to the bathroom. My feet chilling against the wooden floor, getting the occasional relief when I reach the long carpet that stretches down the hall.

Getting to the bathroom, I closed the door and locked it behind me, pulling my IPod from the waistband of my sweatpants where I had it hidden from prying eyes. I checked some of my social media sites; Facebook, Whisper and Line. Nothing new except a few likes on a post on Whisper. My grandmother gave a small rap on the door to signal that she had finished with my shirt. When she walked back to her room to get ready to leave for her job as a teacher - thankfully not my own-, I pulled my earbuds out from the small space between the sink and the wall and plugged them into my IPod.

I watched several YouTube videos by my favorite YouTuber as I got ready for school. Every once and a while, coughing to stifle a laugh. The day was starting off great. But I didn't realize that this day would be the start of all my troubles... Yet, the start of something wonderful at the same time...