Chapter Thirty

My stomach rumbled as I shifted through my locker looking for my Literature book. I had a messy schedule this year. One that required me to hurry from one end of the building to another in less than four minutes. The time should be extended I thought to myself. I barely make it to class on time.

Michael wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder, giving me a light kiss. "You're really slow, Bella." He murmured, burying his face into my neck. His long hair tickled my jaw bone and sent an electric shock through my body.

"I need to get to class."

"Obviously." Michael sighed, pulling away from me. The warmth of his body faded and I was immediately saddened. He pushed my bangs -stiff from hairspray, but he didn't mind- from my face and planted another kiss on my forehead. "I love you."

My heart skipped a beat. "I love you." We stated at each other for a while until I noticed there were few students left in the hallway. "I need to get going!" I hurried down the hallway and Michael followed after me. "Get to class! You'll be late."

"I don't mind." He said, shifting his backpack on his shoulders.

"Well, I mind. Now go." I gave him a small push and he smiled at me. He obeyed and went back the way he came.

I stepped through the doorway just as the bell rang. The awkward looking teacher looked at me from behind her stereotypical old lay glasses. She was an odd lady. In her fifties or so. Unmarried and with a speech impediment. She'd seem like a decent person if she wasn't so controlling. "So why are you late, Miss Bella?"

"I'm not late." I responded, biting my cheek, embarrassed.

"Well the bell already rang. And you aren't in your seat." Not sure how to respond, I shrugged off my backpack to the floor and slid into my desk. "Where were you?" I remained silent for a moment. "With Alex's brother I assume?" My stomach dropped. Both from the realization that the entire class was observing our confrontation and from the fact that I noticed Alex on the other side of the room furiously chopping away at a pencil with scissors. He was the only one in the room not looking at me.

"Don't let it happen again." The teacher declared, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Right..."