Chapter Six

"358."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure." I retorted. It was the day of Alex's party. Though it had taken lots of convincing, I finally got my grandmother to agree to take me. Now here we are. Driving uncertainly about the large assortment of houses.

I examined each house we passed carefully, looking for the matching number. But my mind started to wander to the night before. Alex and I talked as usual, way past my "bedtime". We were playing what we called "the question game". One would ask the other a question, and they would have to answer truthfully.

Alice (My Username): "Sooo... Do you have a crush on anyone?" ;3

Alexander (His Username): "Yes -///-"

Alice: "Oh~ Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!"

Alexander:"... No..."

Alice: "What!? D:"

Alexander: "I'll only tell you if you tell me who you like..."

Alice: "Oh... Well... I like three people... My friend Daniel Quentin, who you don't know. And of course John. "

A long pause.

Alice: "I thought I would have made it obvious..."

Alexander: "Oh?"

Alice: "Um... Well... It's you..."

Alexander: "XD I know. I just wanted to hear you say it"

Alice: "Alex!"
Alice: "Well, now you have to tell me who YOU like."

Alexander: "No xD"

Alice: "What!? That's cheating!! -3-"
Alice: "You like Aura though right?" Aura had been one of my close friends since fourth grade. And the fact that someone who I had feelings for for about five years was crushing on my best friend hurt. A lot.

Alexander: "Yeah."

Alice: "I see..."

Alexander: "But if it helps, I'd date you my senior year."

Alice: "Really? O////o"

Alexander: "Yes"
"Well... Maybe... Depends on how my flippin mother is at the moment xD" They're mother was a very controlling person. Or so I had heard through many conversations with him.

"358!" My grandmother shouted. I jumped in the gray leather seat, scared out of my skin. "Wait. Wait. Where's the driveway?" She asked, as she kept on driving. Glancing back through the window, I got a good view of the Sponge Bob bouncy house sitting in side yard. The frail yellow skinned woman I call my grandmother, pulled into a gravel driveway next to a house on the left of theirs to turn around. Still not able to find the driveway, she drove AND PARKED in their yard.

Several people flooded from the bouncy house. Including, Michael, Alex, Thomas and Aura. Through the net I could see the curvy shape of Sabrina, doing what looking like talking on the phone. "You are sure this people are trustworthy?" The woman beside me asked.

"Yes." I muttered.

"Even the one with the long hair?" Anger and irritation bubbled inside of me at that comment. She was stereotyping him. She was stereotyping Michael! She didn't know him! She had no right to judge him!

Sucking in my breath in embarrassment and frustration, I grabbed Alex's gift, opened the car door and stepped out. And to my surprise and dismay, so did my grandmother. I made a groan of displeasure that only I could hear. My feet squished against the ground, soggy from recent rainfall. An young looking woman approached my grandmother. A woman who I assumed to be Alex's mother. Quickly, I attached myself to my grandmother's side, just to make sure she didn't say anything foolish.

She had dark brown hair pulled back into a ponytail and she wore a pink sweatshirt and jeans. The mother introduced herself as Tori and at about that time Alex showed up at her side. Possibly for the same reason I was plastered to my grandmother. The two talked about religion and the churches they attended for a few minutes while Alex and I made the occasional awkward eye contact.

When my grandmother finally left, and Alex's mother went back inside, I shoved the gift bag into his hands. "Here's your gift thingy." I said sheepishly.

"Oooh!" He peeled back some of the paper. "What's this~?"

"Wait until you open the rest of the presents, dork." I gave him a small flick on the nose. My cheeks gained a sudden warmth from the small amount of contact.

"Ah..." Alex let out a breath of hesitation but then finally agreed to my demands. "Okay..." He went inside to drop off his gift and I made my way to the blue and orange house for bouncing.

"Where is everyone?" I, myself, had been late. My grandmother found that it was necessary to stop and talk to some neighbors jogging on the side of the road, for a half an hour. Even though we had places to be.

Aura pressed herself to the net from the inside. Her feet were bare and extremely white against the dark blue background. "Taya was sick... And Brandon just didn't want come..."

Brandon and I had been pretty close for the last year and a half. Not as close as Alex and I, but still very close. We were "snuggle buddies" though we'd never actually snuggled. I had a crush on him in fifth grade and he blew me off every time I tried to approach him. Then I got over it and he started crushing on me in 7th grade. And to the best of my knowledge, still is. His mother teased him mercilessly about it.

Brandon was larger built but not in a bad way. His eyes were dark, along with his short hair and skin and he had also just recently gotten braces. Braces didn't look bad on him though. He had a couple very distinguishable features though. They were his long eyelashes and his bushy rectangular eyebrows. It wasn't like they looked bad though.

"Well, come on!" Sabrina shouted at me from inside the dome. "Take off your shoes and get in here!"

This is a really detailed point in the story so I'm going to split it up into two or more parts. XD Thank you for your patience.