Chapter Twelve

My phone had buzzed the entire way home. I didn't check it however because of my nosy grandmother. So the first thing I did when I got into the house was flee to the bathroom, lock the door and sit on the floor with my back against the wall. Thirty-two messages from Michael. All reading the same thing. "I'm sorry." All but one that is. The last one. As my eyes over viewed the message, my cheeks started to burn. He brought up a conversation we had earlier where he asked me if I liked his brother. My response was yes, but someone else too. The boy was determined to find out who it was.
The message read, "Okay. So you like my brother. Who else?"

I tapped away at the screen. "None ya."

A few moments later. "Pleeeeeeease?"

"No."

"Ill do anything! Please!"

"... Fine..."

"Yay!!! :D"

"Don't laugh..."

"I won't."

"I like your brother... And you..." My finger glided over the send button before I really knew what I was doing. Inside my chest, my heart jumped and I had a little panic attack. He soon responded.

"Me too?"

"Yes >\\\\<"

"Yes!!!!!!!!!!" My breath hitched in my throat at his response. He was... Happy? Really?

"You're happy?"

"Yes! ^^ I can't believe you like me too!!"

"Too?"

"Yes... I like you too..." Quickly I stood up and looked in the mirror. The tops of my cheeks and the tips of my ears were red.

"Oh ^^" The two of us talked for a while. Even when John tried to get a hold of me, whose messages I ignored. Until it was time for me to eat dinner.

The first thing my grandmother asked when I walked down was, "Why are you smiling so much?"