9 - sunflower.

Luna's POV

Sharing a room with someone who I know despises me and the two other girls does not seem like much fun. Anyhow, I truly hope to get along with her in order for us to have a pleasant time. I sigh at the sight of Pansy Parkinson. She could not look more peeved.

"Stop looking at me like that, Looney. Go try find new creatures or something" She rolls her eyes before exiting the room.

"Of course we had to be put into a room with Parkinson. If she tries to come at any of us again, I will personally drag her out of the house and put a spell on her" Ginny giggles and continues to get settled.

I smile at her remark, "I will go explore the house, and have some pudding afterwards. I'll see you later"
Ginny waves at me, and I exit the room.
Where shall I start? As I look out of the window, I spot a small garden and immediately feel the need to go out there.
Once arrived where the garden was supposed to be, it's gone. What?
I am positive I just saw a tiny garden right here.
I take out my wand, hidden in my boot.
"Aparecium!"
As soon as the spell left my lips, the tiny garden appears, tree after tree, flower after flower.
I take in the beauty that is in front of me.
Even though it's still winter, it looks magnificent.
Someone had to put a spell on it considering how the trees are not bald but green, and the flowers are blooming.

"So what are you doing there?", I am startled before I turn around to see a familiar face. Draco.
He looks at me with a serious countenance.

"Oh, I spot this garden and had to come here"

"How did you spot it? It was well hidden when you came here, wasn't it?" He urgently asked.

I nod, "Oh yes it was, but I used the visibility charm for it to appear. Do you know who hid the garden in the first place?"

He sighs before responding. "Me. It was me who hid it. Who put a charm on it"
I sense him not wanting to speak about it. He seems uncomfortable.

"When I was younger and my mom was still alive, she had a greenhouse we all took care of.
This garden reminds me a lot of it"
I say, not facing him anymore but the flowers instead, re-living the memories.

He looks at me, knitting his brows. "Why would you tell me that, in such detail?" Draco asks curiously.

"You asked what I was doing here, didn't you?" I face him now, raising a brow at him just like he does all the time.

"Yeah, I guess. I guess I did"
He looks uneasy, not sure what to do next. Or so it seems.

"Lovegood, may I ask you something?"
I nod at him, a slight smile appears on my face even though I try to fight it. I don't want to seem weak, vulnerable at that. Not to him. He will use that against me as soon as he's given the chance to.

He breathes in before speaking, "Why do you .. Why don't you, you know, .. hate me?" His last words sound rather whispered.