15 - secrecy

The students are heading for the lodging, after a long day of  impressions, laughter and walking. Except for Luna, who remains silent as she walks back, next to her friends Ginny and Hermione.

"What are we going to do once we're back?" Hermione asks her friends.

Ginny shrugs, "Let's look for a pub or something? I would love to know what muggles enjoy to drink" she giggles and  teasingly bumps Hermione. "Or you could tell me"

Hermione sticks out her tongue in response, followed by a laugh. "Nothing too exciting"
...

Once we've arrived, I head outside to find a quiet spot. As I walk, I see someone rush over to me. It's Draco.
I try to pretend I have not seen him yet and change the direction.

"Lovegood!" I hear him say. You did not hear him, Luna, don't turn around now, keep walking.

"Lovegood!" he says one more time and touches my shoulder. I pause and sigh.

"Yes?" I say and turn around to him.
His angelic face looks even more beautiful with the sun on it.
I swallow, and look away.

"Are you avoiding me or something?" he asks, raising a brow. His usual expression.

"W-what? No. Why would you think that?"

He frowns, "Looks like it. How have you been?" His expression softens.

"Good" I say and insist to keep walking.

"Wait" he holds me back. "I think we need to talk" He points at the bench we once sat on together.
I give in and follow him. What could he possibly want to speak about?

I sit down next to him, leaving some space between the two of us.
He notices and frowns again.

"You know, Lovegood, I'm not good with words. But you should know that I am deeply attracted to you and I am done fighting it. You are on my mind all of the day, all of the night and I don't even mind it anymore."

What?
I turn to look at him, "Do you .. do you really mean that?"

He looks back at me and nods. As a smile grows on my face, I remember the two girls.

"Are you fooling me? Because if you are, please leave. I don't have the time or patience to deal with this"

"What? Fooling you? Why in the world would I do that?" he looks at me, sadness in his eyes.

"Two girls said that to me, today, in front of the museum."

"And you believed that?" he looks away.

"I mean, .. yes. I did because I am insecure about this. About you. Why would you want me when you can have them?"

Just as the words leave my lips, he turns to me, quickly.

"Because, Luna, you are special. Unique. Different than any of the girls I know. You are understanding and not judgmental. And you believe in those who lost the ability to it themselves."

Without any thoughts, I kiss him on the cheek and immediately blush. What did I ..
Draco slightly smirks and places his lips on mine, for a brief moment.
That moment I enjoy to the fullest.