12 - confessions

It's the very next morning, 5am to be exact. Draco is wide awake, still, concocting the words he is about to reveal to her.

What shall I even tell her? This is absolute bullshit. What have I gotten myself into? I could just drop this and go on with my way of living, just like before. Before her. What if she is going to laugh at my words? My well built and kept ego will crumble just like my father had predicted. No. Luna is not that kind of girl. She understands. At least she tries to understand. I shall just ..
I get up, and face myself in the mirror before quietly leaving the room. I can do this.
What room is she in again? B37!
I head to her room, as quiet as possible. I don't need an interruption or audience at that. Bloody hell.

Just as I stand in front of her room, I hear soft voices coming through the door. I lift my hand to knock, as the door widely opens.
Ginny Weasley looks at me as if I've grown two more heads.

"Wrong door, Malfoy" she says whilst eyeing me skeptically.

"Lovegood. Is she there?" I impatiently ask her.

She knits her brows. "She is in there, still asleep. Why?"

Why the hell is she being so noisy?
"I want to speak to her. About something"

"About...?"

I huff before responding, "Why does that concern you, Weasley?"

She rolls her eyes and moves aside.
"I will be back in about 15 minutes" she says.

I spot Luna in her bed, asleep. She looks divine. Shall I wake her? Or just leave again? I didn't expect her to be asleep but then again, why would she be awake at 5am?
I sit down next to her bed, and rest my head against it.

"Well since you are asleep, I don't have to deal with my own awkwardness" I whisper and smile.
"I think I like you, Lovegood. No. I don't think I like you. Being around you makes me feel things. Things that I never expected or allowed myself to feel, ever. Whenever I am around you, or simply in the same room as you, I feel something in my chest and my stomach and it's the worst but most beautiful feeling. It scares me. And hell, never would I have expected to be scared of my feelings considering I have never felt anything else than numbness, emptiness or loneliness.
But with you, I feel hopeful and something close to happy. Even if it's just for the moment I spot you in your funny dresses.
You are unique and understanding. You understand me more than anyone, you are the only one who tries to understand. I want to protect you. I will protect you. I promise that, Luna Lovegood"

...
AN: hi loves. i am struggling with issues at home but i am trying my best to update every single day, sometimes twice a day.
thank you for being understanding.
xo