Prologue

Everyone was already in the compartment, the only one missing was me

Everyone was already in the compartment, the only one missing was me. The fact that I took an un-required time to change into my robes made me arrive late. With an excuse me, I opened the small door leading inside the small room, making a creak in the process. At that moment all eyes where on me, making me feel a little bit uncomfortable seeing that I was the center of attention.

"Good thing your here Warmham. We have just finished discussing your roles." said the head girl, who's name I can't remember. She seemed highly annoyed. Reason? I would presume my lateness has a lot to do with it. "We've decided that you would be the one helping the lost Hufflepuff first years into getting their rooms correct. You and Diggory."

At the mention of his name I looked to the side, acknowledging Cedric for the first time, looking as radiant as ever. Great. I was about to complain, but I couldn't just not want to do this. This is what you do as a Prefect. And coming from a family full of prefects, I don't want to disappoint anyone.

"Oh, and Warmham... you forgot your button again." Said Cedric this time after hearing the Head boy dismiss us.

He was the first one out, heading to who knows where. Not like I care.

I ruffle my hair slightly, this was going to be one hell of a year.

* * *

"Are you still not wearing your button?" I heard a really well know voice.

"Why does it matter to you?" I asked him, while looking straight at his grey eyes, the ones that were looking at my brown eyes without a hit of bitterness. He never dared to show his hatred towards me.

"I don't really care, just thought that you would be wearing the family button, since being a Prefect at Hogwarts it's kind of a tradition in your family" he frowned a little in confusion, while having a knowing smirk. He was messing with me.

"We are supposed to be on patrol."

"Oh we are." He threw something shiny at me, which I manage to catch. "I just do want to get in trouble because of you. Wear it."

And with that, he left to check that there were no students around. Probably your doubting our hatred at this moment. But I hate that kid, more than I would hate loosing the family prefect pin. I wore the small pin handed over by Cedric, remembering that next time I would be the one handing him something. A rose over his grave.