chapter 6

WARNING! This chapter has MATURE scenes for ADULT readers only. Read at your own discretion. 

HUNTER's POV

I checked my wristwatch and it was already 5 pm but I was still on my way to the place where I would meet someone urgently. I stepped on the gas and drive faster. It was exactly 5:10 pm when I reached the restaurant. I quickly parked my car then went straight inside the restaurant. The maître d accompanied me to the table where Stephen, one of my friends was sitting. He looked irritated.

"Sorry man, I'm late" he lifted the corner of his lips and chuckled sarcastically.

"What the hell man, I thought we're going to meet each other here at 4:30? I even arrived 10 minutes earlier" He said sarcastically and with hint of irritation.

"Relax man. Something came up and I needed it fix it immediately that's why I am late. So, what happened?" I asked him. Upon asking the question, he became serious and so did I.

"Her brother sent someone to look for her. Her brother was worried now, you know" Hearing that Regan was worried sick of his sister made my day. But I couldn't just relax because I knew he has a lot of connections. If I wouldn't be careful, he would find Angela in no time.

"What?! Don't tell me they already found where she is now?" He shook his head and smirked.

"Of course I didn't let that happen. Who do you think you're talking to man?" I almost rolled my eyes at him if that wasn't a girlish thing to do. The man is over confident as ever. Stephen has been my friend since we were still teenagers. He was one of my classmates too from high school. He was a happy go lucky guy then and I didn't think that he would be a CIA agent someday.

I contacted him to try and monitor every move his brother would do. Regan was so busy finding his long lost love that he didn't notice something has happened to his beloved sister already. I wanted to celebrate thinking that my plans are doing well.

"What did you do about it?" I asked him curiously. Even though Stephen talks big most of the time, he's capable and that's the thing that I like about him. He took the glass of his wine and took a sip.

"Nothing much. I just paid the man he sent here and threatened that man a little bit. I told him to report to Mr. Novell that his sister is doing well here. Anyway, did you do what I told you to do?"

"Yes. I texted him using Angela's phone" he shook his head in amusement.

"What are you planning to do with her man? I mean, you're even pretending to be her husband. That's kinda cool, like in the dramas on TV" He said and laughed loudly that the people around us began looking at our direction curiously, some looked like they were annoyed. But Stephen didn't care at all. I just shook my head in disbelief. He's as happy go lucky as ever.

"I don't have the intention of copying those stupid dramas. Just watch me and you'll see" His laughed died down as he noticed my menacing voice. He shook his head again and but didn't comment any further.

****

It was already 10 pm when I arrived at the beach house. After meeting with Stephen, we decided to go to the bar and drink to our hearts content. I even contacted my driver to come and get us because I wasn't capable of driving anymore. I kept cursing out loud when I couldn't properly put the key to the keyhole of the main door. After a couple of tries, I finally succeeded on opening the door.

I knew for sure that Angela was already sleeping while Sheena and her mom surely went home at 8 pm. I went to the kitchen because I felt the need to drink water badly. My throat was so dry. I didn't bother turning the lights on because the moonlight was illuminating my way.