Bewitched

Chapter 10

Bewitched

I narrowed my eyes at him, sending him nothing but hateful glares. If looks could kill, he'd be toast. Callum cheating on me was something I never saw coming. As much as I thought it wouldn't hurt me, I was mistaken. Semi connection or not, it still hurt like a bitch. My mark was nonexistent, all evidence of us being mated is erased. Was it even love? Couldn't be....

Most of the pack members had either headed off to work or school, except my pack. They refused to leave my side after my abduction. Kayden kept trying to pull me aside and apologize for being so cold to me. Our feelings towards one another were now of friendship, nothing more and nothing less. I missed having him as a friend, we were better friends than lovers to begin with. The rest of them wouldn't let me out of their sight.

So now we're all standing in the infamous office, awaiting the Alpha for yet another meeting. My pack begged me to let them tear Callum to pieces and as much as I'd like that, something told me to hear what he had to say. Evan didn't like the fact that I was hurt but he was happy that I was no longer mated to his brother. We exchanged a couple glances but I had to put these feelings for him on the back burner for the moment. His dad called us to his office to discuss some things.

The door opened, Alpha Woods and his mate walked in. They sat down and he began to speak.

"Look, I can't even begin to say how disappointed I am with some of your decisions." He eyed me, Callum, and Evan.

Lisa didn't speak at all, she just seemed distressed about the situation. Like she felt sorry us and was angry with us at the same time.

"Now that your connection is severed, it may never be mended. After mating, infidelity and death are the only things that can permanently destroy a bond." He turned his attention to Callum. "Was it worth losing your mate?"

I looked at Callum, I needed to hear his reasoning. For the first time since this happened I actually noticed that he didn't look well. His eyes still looked glazed over, his face was flushed, and his breathing was becoming more and more strained.

Before he could even get a word out, he collapsed to the floor. His body wasn't moving, even his chest seemed still. I ran to where he laid and knelt beside him. I lightly slapped his face trying to wake him up but nothing worked.

Alpha Woods and his wife joined me on the floor, trying to rouse him from this unresponsive condition.

"Evan! Go get the pack doctor!" His mother demanded.

As much as I was less than pleased with his actions, I never actually wanted something like this to happen to him. I couldn't breathe right till I knew if he was going to be okay.