The lost girl

Chapter 23

The lost girl

“Wake up, you pathetic tramp!” an evil female voice yelled.

Slowly I felt myself coming back to consciousness. I still had an overwhelming feeling of dizziness and drowsiness. All of a sudden, a splash of ice cold water was thrown in my face.

“AHHHHH!” I screamed as the ice cold water drenched my entire body. My hair was dripping; my nightgown was see-through from the moisture, and drops of water fell onto my bare feet.

I then noticed that my arms were bound by metal shackles attached to the wall of a basement-looking surrounding. There was one light fixture overhead that hummed and blinked. I looked at my captor finally. I took a guess and pegged her as Magdalena, the female leader of the Blood Red pack. Her hair was blood red and so were her lips. She looked familiar, like I had seen features similar to hers before.

“So you’ve gotten yourself knocked up, I see. No matter, we will get rid of them within a matter of time.” She informed me.

As I breathed, I could see my breath in the freezing basement. Worry and helplessness took over my mind. I saw no chance of escape.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked, my voice shaky from my chilled state. My teeth began to chatter and my body shook slightly.

“You were destined for my sons…or should I say son now. You’ve taken one of my boys away but I still have the other. I wouldn’t have been able to pull this off without the help of my girls.”

Two figures emerged from a darkened corner. One was the girl I recognized from the night Callum was bewitched and the other was…Kara.

“You? How could you? You are mated with a member of my pack. You haven’t only betrayed Alpha Woods and me, you have betrayed Cam as well!” I screamed with fury.

She looked at the ground not acknowledging me, she knew I was right. She was betraying her mate by betraying his alpha.

“Meet my daughters, Kara and Kiera. They helped to damage your relationships with your mates and the rest of the damage, you did yourself. Maybe after their father sees how well they’ve done, he will finally accept them as a father should. They were our firstborn twins. I had the boys eighteen months later due to his need for male heirs.” Magdalena explained.

I realized that I was in the middle of some family issues. It was obvious that during this Alpha’s power struggle, he treated his daughters as bastards…as unwanted. I was the key to getting their father to love them.

“It was easy enough to get Kara into the pack. I left her on their land and they welcomed her with open arms, unaware that she was their niece. Later Kiera joined to finish the job that Kara couldn’t complete due to her unfortunate mating.”

This Magdalena character was so determined to please her mate that her daughter’s happiness was of no concern to her.

“My mate should be here soon to dispose of your twins and convince you that mating my son will be your only chance for survival. In the meantime, why don’t you get acquainted with your sister.”

She signaled to a guard and the door opened. A girl was thrown down the stairs; she fell to the dirty concrete floor.

Magdalena and her daughter walked up the stairs of the basement and shut the door after exiting. My attention went back to the one they claimed was my sister. She struggled to stand up. She was covered with bruises and scrapes. She groaned in pain as she fell to her knees. She regained her composure and made eye contact with me. She was just as surprised as I was. We were identical, sure I was swollen from pregnancy and she had a scar from her eye to her chin, but we were identical.

She crawled to where I was bound and embraced me. We began sobbing together; both of us thought we were alone, not anymore.

After crying together for a while, we stopped just long enough to tell each other our different stories. I told her of the family she never got to meet, our parents, of my pack, Alpha Woods and his pack, and my situation with Evan and Callum.

My story seemed harsh but nothing compared to hers. The nurse who told my mother that my sister had died had lied. She wanted a baby so bad that she took her for herself. The nurse named her Bailey. Bailey told me of how she had never felt close to her “mother” and little did she know that her instincts were right. When she was sixteen, she was found and kidnapped by this awful pack. Once they realized that she was not a white wolf or that she couldn’t even shift, they held her captive for all these years.

I felt so bad for her; I couldn’t even imagine the torture they put her through. The cloth that was supposed to be a dress on her barely covered her body. It was torn in several places and was beyond filthy. She looked as though she hadn’t bathed in months. Dirt was lodged under her fingernails and her hair was thick with residue.

I would have told her to release me but I remembered that in her story she said that she couldn’t shift, which meant that she didn’t have any werewolf strength. That’s probably why they let her down here without being tied up.

“So you’re having two babies?” My sister asked me. Despite our predicament, she showed excitement as she rubbed my belly.

“Yes…and they’re due very soon.” I answered.

The universe worked in mysterious ways, sometimes to our benefit and sometimes not. Today it seemed that it was not in my favor. We had talked for hours and all the while, I had noticed slight contractions begin. First they were dull and every fifteen to twenty minutes but in the past thirty minutes they were becoming more intense and closer together. Bailey seemed to notice how uncomfortable I was getting.

“Is everything okay?” She asked.

“Help me up please.” I asked her.

I remembered that Dr. Elaine had said I would know if I was in true labor if I stood up and the contractions got worst. Bailey helped me up. I couldn’t move around too much because of the shackles. I stood against the wall, hunched over and grabbing my knees as another wave of pain hit me. My breathing was getting heavy; this was definitely not the ideal place to deliver twins. It was apparent that these contractions were the real deal. I tried not to push; I couldn’t let them hurt my babies. As long as they stayed inside, they would be safe. This pack needed me and wouldn’t do anything that would endanger my health…or so I thought.

The loud squeak of the basement door opening startled us both. I tried to stand straight without leaning over in pain. I wiped the sweat from my forehead before anyone could see it. We heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Forrest and his father came down and into our view. His father looked just like Alpha woods except that he had a goatee and the glint in his eyes wasn’t a kind one.

Forrest looked at me, not in a cruel way but a pitiful way. Like he pitied me for what was to come. The urge to push was becoming more than I could take. The next thing that happened made it obvious that I was in full on labor…my water broke. The liquid ran down my legs, pooling onto the concrete floor.

I looked at my sister with worry.

“Please don’t hurt them!” I begged the alpha.

He smiled with the most devious expression. I prayed that someone would come for me before it was too late…

Comments?

Votes?