More complicated than expected...

Dedicated to this particular fan since she lighted a fire under my a** to upload lol

Chapter 17

More complicated than expected...

It had been a few days since I found out that I was pregnant and I was still trying my best to hide it from everyone. I would have to run the water from the sink whenever I would get sick so no one would hear. I didn’t have that much time since werewolves are only pregnant for six to seven months, depending on how many pups there were and who the father was. Children with alpha blood are born sooner because they grow faster. This baby has it on both sides so I definitely would be delivering around six months.

I looked in the mirror in the bathroom. I held my shirt up as I gazed at my belly; it was growing faster than I thought it would. I looked two to three months pregnant already. I started to wear hoodies and sweatshirts so Evan or any other pack members wouldn’t notice. I would sneak snacks because I was always hungry. Lisa, Evan’s mother would give me a questioning look at times but I just told her that I exercised a lot and burned off food quickly.

This morning Evan’s Father and our allied pack’s alpha went to go meet with our enemy pack to make some sort of truce. Every time I thought about it, I wanted to go so I could go kill Evan’s uncle but I had to stop myself because I was carrying a child now.

I headed downstairs to get something to eat and saw Callum and some other teens our age sitting in the kitchen. He was eating already and eyed me up and down as I entered. I grabbed some cereal and a banana then I sat down across from him. I looked at him and wondered if it was actually possible that he could be the father of my baby. He must have felt me staring because he looked up.

“What?” He asked.

“Nothing.” I lied.

We ate in silence, the awkwardness quite clear. Once I finished I cleaned my dish then started to go up the stairs. I must have been walking to fast and missed a step because the next thing I knew, I was falling backwards. I screamed and panicked as I waited to come crashing down on the floor. Two pairs of arms held me, one on each side. I looked up to see that Callum and Evan had saved me from the fall. But I also noticed that they were giving each other a death glare and that’s when I realized that the baby’s scent was left unmasked when I panicked. They both then stared at me.

“You’re pregnant?” They asked in unison.

There was no use in hiding it. I simply nodded at them. I was in confusion as to why both Callum and Evan recognized that I was pregnant. Evan growled at Callum to get his hands off of me. He didn’t listen. Evan’s wolf was going to emerge soon if pushed too far. I held his hand to try and calm him down.

“Take me to the doctor please.” I told him, figuring that would bring him out of his rage. He snatched my arm from his brother’s hold and picked me up bridal style. He carried me to the doctor’s house, Callum followed behind us.

-------A couple hours later-------

I was in Dr. Elaine’s house yet again but this time I was not only with Evan and Callum…Their parents were here with us. I was lying on the exam table as the doctor was giving us her best explanation.

“I can’t tell who the father is, only he will know but not until the babies are born.” She explained.

“Wait! Babies?!” I exclaimed. I touched my belly and felt a fluttering feeling of movement.

“Yes…twins.” She said.

Callum interjected. “How come I am drawn to the scent of her babies?” He asked.

She sighed deeply. “…Because I believe you’re the father of one of them.”

We all gasped at the same time. Then there was silence.

“How am I supposed to give birth to my mate’s baby…and his brother’s baby.” I said in shock of the situation.

Callum came to my side and held my hand. “Our baby was made out of love…even if we weren’t true mates. I will take care of you and our baby.” He said.

I was speechless and the person I felt most sorry for was Evan. He came to my other side.

“I don’t care if you’re carrying his baby too. You’re still my mate and I’ll stand by you.” He said sincerely.

Then he turned to his brother. “You will not touch her!” He warned.

“If she wants me to…I will.” He answered back.

Evan almost leaped over the table to get to him but his father held him down.

“Enough!” Alpha Woods growled.

The twins settled down and obeyed their father.

“I’ve had enough of the fighting! Find a way to work this out, this is your mess.” He addressed all three of us.

Lisa came over and hugged me. “I’m finally going to be a grandma!” She was happy in this complicated situation even though I expected her to be upset.

Their parents left soon after that. We were all left together to make light of the situation. I had my mate and my previous lover by my side…and we are going to have two babies to raise.